BUG: Missing Copy reference entry in action side of Context Menu

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 32173
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 17 2021 3:42 PM

The Copy reference entry is available for most Context Menu entries -- I use it heavily. However, it is missing for {Addressee <Person Abraham>} and {Speaker <Person God>} . Please add it in ASAP

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9070
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:
it is missing for the datatypes <Speaker nnnn>and <Addressee nnnn>

Those aren't data types.

Posts 32173
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2021 5:05 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Those aren't data types.

Okay, the correct forms are {Addressee <Person Abraham>} and {Speaker <Person God>} but my point remains  It fact it is strengthened because I could use copy reference: search

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9070
LogosEmployee

So there can't be a "Copy Reference" entry because these aren't references.

think what you're asking for is (a feature request) to copy the Search syntax for Reported Speech data; is that correct?

Posts 32173
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 3:36 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
So there can't be a "Copy Reference" entry because these aren't references.

Thank you Bradley. I see that "reference" (URL, Search, Text) is being used with a different meaning than I was applying. You are correct that what I want is a new feature that covers a different subset of the data available through the context menu.

Posts 32173
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 6:43 PM

Note that Labels do have the Copy Reference option.

Posts 2628
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2021 6:44 PM

MJ. Smith:

Note that Labels do have the Copy Reference option.

That's because Labels are a datatype reference.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS