The file for this resource is currently an EPUB...

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Matt Leonard | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 7 2021 1:01 PM

Hey,

Does 'The file for this resource is currently an EPUB. When it ships, it will be a Logos edition.' mean that I can download this resource as a EPUB version first while I am waiting for the Logos version?

If so, how do I do it?

Many thanks,

Matt

Posts 1649
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 1:07 PM

Matt Leonard:

Hey,

Does 'The file for this resource is currently an EPUB. When it ships, it will be a Logos edition.' mean that I can download this resource as a EPUB version first while I am waiting for the Logos version?

If so, how do I do it?

Many thanks,

Matt

Correct. It will download automatically and appear in your library.

Posts 2
Matt Leonard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 1:27 PM

Thanks, Paul for your quick response.  However, I am not seeing the EPUB file of this resource in my library.

I only see this book, not the 'Study Guide' I have pre-purchased.

Posts 29718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 1:45 PM

I can't answer definitively for you, but it is likely one of two things: 

1. The item is on Pre-pub, so you will have to wait until it is ready before you can purchase it. Does your list of orders show that it is an "open pre-pub," or does it show as a completed purchase? 

2. If that isn't the issue, than it is likely that you need to have the resource downloaded. With default settings, that happens automatically upon restart. Various changes to settings can make it function differently based upon your preferences. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 1:49 PM

To add to my #1: Historically Logos pre-pubs don't ship in any form until the resource is ready. In more recent days, there have been some resources which have been made available as ePubs (Faithlife eBooks or "FLEB" titles) until the "Logos Edition" can ship. That may be the case here. If so, I don't like the wording on the site. It should be more clear. If the title was previously a FLEB title, it may have been pulled until the Logos edition comes out, which <may> explain the message on the site. 

Posts 12065
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 2:24 PM

Matt Leonard:

unlike others, I would probably answer your question in the negative. But maybe that's only a question of how to phrase and define things.

• You can't download resources in ePub format from Fathlife anywhere. This format is provided by publishers to eBook retailers and can be read with eBook reader software other than the apps Faithlife produces. I understand the message to mean that the electronic file is available to Faithlife for production. In many cases, this could be due to the acquisition of Wordsearch in 2020.
  • The final version of this file will be a Logos edition - which means, there is a production process to be expected. 
  • In many cases, an incomplete eBook version (produced from the ePub file) has been given to license holders, mostly former Wordsearch customers. This may or may not be happening to other customers who buy through PrePub. Thus I would have answered the less precise question with: maybe you can download an eBook version (which is in Logos format, just auto-produced and without tagging)

But since you seem to be looking for a PrePub for this book, I'm at a loss seeing it anywhere in the Logos/Faithlife store (or any other ePub or Kindle edition out there)

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 29718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 2:31 PM

NB.Mick:
But since you seem to be looking for a PrePub for this book, I'm at a loss seeing it anywhere in the Logos/Faithlife store (or any other ePub or Kindle edition out there)

I <think> this is the resource he intends: https://www.logos.com/product/200983/the-biblical-eldership-discussion-guide 

NB.Mick:
You can't download resources in ePub format from Fathlife anywhere. This format is provided by publishers to eBook retailers and can be read with eBook reader software other than the apps Faithlife produces. I understand the message to mean that the electronic file is available to Faithlife for production. In many cases, this could be due to the acquisition of Wordsearch in 2020.

Here is a screenshot of the message from the product page: 

If they mean "FLEB," they should say so. 

Posts 29718
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 2:33 PM

FWIW - 

I received the following email from FL last week: 

Email from Faithlife:
Order Update
You are receiving this email because you placed a pre-order for one or more of the following titles:  [Redacted list for readability purposes]
These products will be shipping over the next few days in an ebook format, but will later be automatically updated to full Logos editions.

This is why I mentioned the possibility that the FLEB title was going to be made available first before the Logos edition would come out. If the FLEB title is available to purchase NOW, that isn't clear from the website. 

Posts 12065
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 3:02 PM

JT (alabama24):

NB.Mick:

I <think> this is the resource he intends: https://www.logos.com/product/200983/the-biblical-eldership-discussion-guide 

It seems my search was in the wrong store, since I now found the book I think he refers to https://www.logos.com/product/201048/the-study-guide-to-biblical-eldership-twelve-lessons-for-mentoring-elders (a former WS book with the same info message you posted)

JT (alabama24):
If they mean "FLEB," they should say so. 
I still think they mean what they say and the file in EPUB format is available for Faithlife - this may or may not mean that they make it available as an eBook for their customers (former WS owners - the book appears as 0:4699 on the WS to FL catalog page - or current PrePub buyers) now or later. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2808
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2021 3:03 PM

It's a Wordsearch title.

Wordsearch Catalog | Logos Bible Software

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS