TNIV availble once again from Logos

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5903
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 11 2021 12:05 AM

the catch is its a dramatic audio verison and the set of files is incomplete...

Posts 8487
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2021 6:56 AM

Someone once called the NIV and the TNIV twisted sisters because of the various changes made and how many traditional verses were put on a footnote instead of the actual Bible text.

The NIV might not be my favorite translation but it does offer a lot of quotable nuggets; especially, in Spanish 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 1971
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2021 6:12 AM

I like to refer to NIV84 as YNIV. it's no longer my primary translation, but has a sentimental rank as the first translation I actually read all the way through. (It was the blue hard cover study bible that suffered from early-onset delamination.) I'm glad I have it in Logos; it was very expensive back when I bought it.

Window 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 1000
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2021 6:35 AM

Robert M. Warren:

I like to refer to NIV84 as YNIV. it's no longer my primary translation, but has a sentimental rank as the first translation I actually read all the way through. (It was the blue hard cover study bible that suffered from early-onset delamination.) I'm glad I have it in Logos; it was very expensive back when I bought it.

What does the Y stand for in YNIV?

Posts 1971
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2021 7:30 AM

Josh Hunt:
What does the Y stand for in YNIV?

Yesterday's

Window 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS