How do I dismiss this pesky popup

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31415
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 22 2021 4:25 PM

Yes, I know how to turn it off -- but what if I want it on but want it to go away when I selected text for another reason.  And it's stay on top behavior is obnoxious when I change applications.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 153
Kevin S. Coy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2021 4:51 PM

Yes

Thanks,

KSC

“The greatest single cause of atheism...is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Brennan Marshall

Posts 2534
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:
but what if I want it on but want it to go away when I selected text for another reason

Hitting ESC should dismiss the popup.

MJ. Smith:
And it's stay on top behavior is obnoxious when I change applications.

I call that a bug. I'll report it tomorrow.

Posts 31415
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2021 5:42 PM

thanks Andrew

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1200
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2021 6:33 PM

MJ. Smith:

it's stay on top behavior is obnoxious when I change applications.

I reported this annoying bug nearly 2 years ago. See https://community.logos.com/forums/t/183251.aspx and later in https://community.logos.com/forums/t/189878.aspx. I don't know why FL has not prioritized such a basic user interface bug.

Posts 31415
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2021 11:02 PM

Harry Hahne:
I don't know why FL has not prioritized such a basic user interface bug.

Nor do I. I don't think FL understands how much such small sloppiness harms their reputation.

Posts 970
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2021 9:37 AM

I’ve also disliked this but I always assumed that it was something that I had to live with. Nice to know it’s something that can be addressed

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 2534
LogosEmployee

I added a link to this thread in the existing bug report.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS