Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1254
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 22 2021 4:49 PM

For many years Logos has included Josephus in base packages, even at a fairly low level (Silver I believe). they have included a public domain English translation and some base packages even included it in Greek (e.g. Academic base packages).

I can no longer see Josephus listed in the base packages comparison page (https://www.logos.com/compare/libraries). Is this an oversight in the listing or does Logos not include Josephus in base packages any longer? It seems strange for them to no longer include a public domain work for which they already have the Logos edition.

I ask my seminary students to consult the English translation of Josephus's Antiquities in Logos for a New Testament class homework assignment. I know I can direct students to the many websites that include this for free. But I want students to learn how to consult Logos for such questions.

I would like to know if I can no longer count on students to have Josephus in their Logos library, so I can make changes in my assignment.

Posts 29471
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2021 5:10 PM

The packages are regularly reworked so that there is always new material coming in and out of packages. However, there are a bunch of these resources in "academic standard." 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1254
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2021 6:52 PM

SineNomine:
A lot of packages have Josephus

It is great to know that it is included in all of the Academic base packages. So I should be OK including it in a homework assignment.

It is interesting that FL removed it from any of the Standard base packages, but it is in a low a package as Silver Orthodox. They used to included it in as low as Bronze Standard.

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2021 11:44 AM

I hadn't noticed the omission, but find it curious as many lay people have heard about Josephus so I would expect to find him in most of the base packages starting at least at the Bronze level. (Look! It's got Josephus!)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS