Exporting morphology tags and verse references along side of a generated verb list...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
MATSATI | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 6 2021 2:16 PM

Hello,

I am able to create a Hebrew verb word list from a specified "book chapter:verse" (i.e. Isaiah 1:1-10). I would also like to have the verse reference in another column, and the Logos Hebrew morphology tags in another column.  I am not able to figure out how to do this using the word list feature as the columns functionality seems to be very limited. Exporting to excel and manually entering this information in is extremely tedious and no way I would have the time to do this. Automating this would be the best. 

Does anyone have any suggestions how I could do this using Logos, or is this not possible?

Thank you for your help,

-- Duane --

Posts 19
Brian Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 10:15 PM

I believe the list is by lemma not manuscript text so it doesn't really have verb morphology.  What i get from word list is three letter roots for verbs.  I agree that it would be nice to see both the word list function and the flashcards app upgraded. 

Posts 6
MATSATI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2021 4:27 AM

I was wondering if there was a way to use the Hebrew concordance to do this, specify a verse range and then export what I want? I am not sure how to do this though... will try playing around with it. If anyone knows how to do this, would greatly appreciate any insights. :-)

Posts 6
MATSATI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 7 2021 9:09 AM

Ok, I figured out how to do almost exactly what I need to do.

Goto Exegetical Guide --> Word by Word tab. Then select the settings and check only the "verbs" and this will give all of the information I need for the verbs for say in Isaiah 1:1-10 as an example.  Then print/export. Now there is no excel option, but I can output this info as a text, html, or xps file which I can write a python script to convert this data into columns and organize by verse.  Fantastic!  

FYI for anyone who needs to do this sort or thing!

--

Duane

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS