Proverbs: A Shorter Commentary by Bruce K. Waltke; Ivan D. V. De Silva

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1690
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 17 2021 9:46 AM

Has anyone seen any previews or samples of this book? I've hunted high and low but to no avail. 

https://www.logos.com/product/196148/proverbs-a-shorter-commentary

Currently I have on pre-order as the only way to view it, but I rather suspect I will return it, so would rather make a more informed choice without having to trouble customer services. The book is only 6 days away from being published so the content is obviously now known - to some at least.

Posts 8413
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 10:06 AM

If you have his NIC old testament commentary you don’t need this. Is just a short version of the larger volume he published years ago.

DAL

Posts 1690
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 10:16 AM

DAL:

If you have his NIC old testament commentary you don’t need this. Is just a short version of the larger volume he published years ago.

DAL

Understood. If I'm honest I've never preached from Proverbs and I suspect I won't ever need the detail of the 2 volume work. I was attracted to this as he is considered the preeminent expert on Proverbs and because it's based on the translated text. That said I probably have sufficient commentaries on Proverbs for any future needs. 

Posts 173
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 10:38 AM

Thanks for your interest Paul, I have added sample pages to this product page.

Posts 8413
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 10:40 AM

Mike Hanes:

I don’t see anything.  Maybe it takes time to cycle in before it starts showing?

Posts 1690
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 10:50 AM

Mike Hanes:

Thankscso much! 😀

Posts 8413
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 11:07 AM

Yep they’re showing now.  It’s a shorter version but content is virtually identical.

DAL

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS