Kyle- Suggestions for New Types

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 79
Bill | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 19 2021 12:14 PM

Hi Kyle

Some possible suggestions that I use now.

Archaeology

Apologetics

Criticism Higher

Criticism Textual

Theology

Theology Proper

Theology Bibliology

Theology Christology

Theology Soteriology

Theology Anthropology

Theology Hamartiology

Theology Demonology

Theology Pneumatology

Theology Ecclesiology

Theology Eschatology

Posts 33275
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2021 2:37 PM

An interesting suggestion that points out a difference in users - I have a number of groupings by type of criticism and would complain the higher/lower criticism are too broad. And because my primary interest is not theological with the exception of liturgical theology, the theology categories would be too narrow -- I would build a collection that grouped them. I suspect that among FL users, my interests are in the minority. Your perspective may have considerable support among those with larger libraries.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1636
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2021 12:48 PM

Thanks. I've added them to my list of types to evaluate.

Posts 79
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2021 1:38 PM

MJ. Smith:
I have a number of groupings by type of criticism and would complain the higher/lower criticism are too broad.

I also use narrower tagging for the various forms of higher criticism, but I was undecided if Kyle wanted to be that specific with criticism. Also, some resources are multi-critical in methodology. I would support a narrower type tagging if it were proposed.

Posts 79
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2021 1:39 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Thanks. I've added them to my list of types to evaluate.

Thanks Kyle

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS