NAS 2020 and the Importance of Communicating with the Customer

Page 2 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 84 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 16
Robert Payne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2021 1:11 PM

Me too!  😊

Posts 16
Robert Payne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2021 3:43 PM

Sent to CS since it seems like no one from Faithlife read this. We will see what happens.  :)

Posts 16
Robert Payne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2021 5:13 PM

Thanks, SineNomine.  Too bad this info wasn't sent to the customers... but at least it's information, and for that I will be thankful! 😊

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2021 8:37 AM

Robert,

You make good points with a good attitude.  Faith Life would be wise to listen, especially in regard to the need for better communication.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 16
Robert Payne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2021 9:01 AM

Thanks, Mike.

Posts 16
Robert Payne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2021 10:25 AM

So much for late April.  Maybe NASB 2022?  Tongue Tied

Posts 4750
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 4 2021 7:22 PM

Don’t forget the LSB.  Though only out partially, it is also in the other Software

Posts 16
Robert Payne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2021 10:44 AM

That would indeed me another good one.  Accordance has had NASB2020 out for some time now.

Posts 1
Mike Powers | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2021 10:10 AM

I agree with you on the issue of communication; after all, how long would it take for someone at Faithlife to post a one-liner updating the status of their NASB2020 project? Not very long, I think.

I have no concerns at all over this, since Faithlife hasn't (yet) debited the price of the NASB2020 from my bank account. Meanwhile, I continue to read from my NASB2020 print edition... and on Olive Tree as well...

Posts 16
Robert Payne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2021 10:31 AM

Agreed.  It's possible I don't fully understand the situation, but I personally find excuses this far out becoming less and less credible.  Then again, all of this goes back to communication.  NASB2020 in 2022?

Posts 330
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2021 12:42 PM

Robert Payne:

SineNomine:

Gregory Lawhorn:

They never promise "Such-and-such resource will be available on June 3rd at 3 am Pacific Daylight Savings Time." 

They could drop the NAS 2020 tomorrow for all we know. 

Actually, they do provide ship dates, once they have them. See https://www.logos.com/search?limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&geographicAvailability=availableToMe&filters=status-prepub_Status. Right now Logos.com shows specific shipping dates for ~150 resources and less specific dates for another ~200 of them. 

I suggest that folk who are interested pay attention to https://www.logos.com/product/198302/the-new-american-standard-bible-2020-update, where a shipping date will eventually appear.

Right.  I think most of us are aware of that, but as Cheryl wrote, "Logos, on the other hand, has had 'In Production' on this product for months."  Again, not really helpful, and communicates nothing. 

I'm really not trying to cause trouble, I just want them to communicate better.  Unfortunately with this topic there is more heat than light.  If it's going to be the NASB 2222, please let us know.

If you haven't been paying attention to the EEC and communication issue this would be a surprise to you. EEC is a flagship product from Lexham Press and trying to get communication from them has been fruitless. Faithlife connects everything together so naturally they are weak on communicating anything about the products coming out.

Posts 330
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2021 12:45 PM

Robert Payne:

Agreed.  It's possible I don't fully understand the situation, but I personally find excuses this far out becoming less and less credible.  Then again, all of this goes back to communication.  NASB2020 in 2022?

This is funny because I made a plan to read my top five bibles recently and NASB2020 will replace my NASB1995 so naturally I want to read it. I plan to read it in 2028 assuming I own it by then in my software.

Posts 5429
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2021 5:45 PM

Matt Hamrick:
NASB2020 will replace my NASB1995

While making this transition automatically is your choice, I would personally wait to compare them before relegating 95 to the "once used" bin. If you have any strength of appreciation for the 95, you may have some misgivings about the 20. While I sent about a dozen needed or hopeful edits to Lockman over as many years, there's a chance their slant toward supposed "better readability" may so color the text that I won't be able to enjoy those edits. Personally more hopeful about he LSB, but FL users are still twiddling their thumbs over that one as well.

NASB20?      LSB?

Confused

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 2470
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 7 2021 5:19 PM

Schedule to ship 6/21/2021!!

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 16
Robert Payne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 7 2021 6:26 PM

Just read it.  Good news.

Posts 1263
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 8 2021 4:28 PM

David Paul:
would personally wait to compare them before relegating 95 to the "once used" bin. If you have any strength of appreciation for the 95, you may have some misgivings about the 20.

My favorite study Bible is still the 1978 NASB. But sadly Logos did not update the resource to include full reverse interlinear features (only Strongs numbers from the resource in the old LLS). So I have adjusted to using the 1995 NASB. It will be interesting to compare the "New-New-New American Standard Bible" to the other editions.

Posts 42
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2021 9:22 AM

I've been anxiously waiting for this to finally get uploaded into my library but when I check the Logos website it still says ships 6/21/2021. Anyone have luck getting it or does Logos send an email or notification letting us know it's available for download? I've already pre-ordered it months ago.

Posts 2160
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2021 9:27 AM

Ryan:

I've been anxiously waiting for this to finally get uploaded into my library but when I check the Logos website it still says ships 6/21/2021. Anyone have luck getting it or does Logos send an email or notification letting us know it's available for download? I've already pre-ordered it months ago.

You will get an email notification telling you it is ready to download.  Since I live in the Eastern Time Zone, most of my emails come between 8 pm and 11 pm.  I will just download in the morning.

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 21 2021 9:44 AM

Ryan:
I've been anxiously waiting for this to finally get uploaded into my library but when I check the Logos website it still says ships 6/21/2021.

Typically these things get released in the afternoon... in Bellingham (West Coast time). 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 2 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS