My Galaxy Tab S7+ just arrived today...!

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24778
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2021 8:20 AM

David Paul:
You know, it would be nice if you could set downloads by resource type, particularly study helps such as lexicons

You can do that.

There is a small filter icon towards the top right of the Library pane.

Tap that and you will get the option of filtering by a range of things - including type.

If you use that to filter by lexicons, for example, when you get back to the Library pane you will just see lexicons. And then you can use the procedure above to select those and download them.

Posts 29494
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 11 2021 8:43 AM

...and you can use Graham's method in the desktop app to control the downloads to your mobile device as well. 

Going a step further, once you are able to determine the resources you are most likely to want to have downloaded permanently, you can create a tag on the desktop. If you need to reinstall or get a new device, this makes it easier to download everything again. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5324
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2021 2:26 AM

Thanks, guys!

Also, Graham, turns out you were right about the style selection. Turns out SBL format doesn't include the p. #. Kinda strange, but I switched over to something that does, so I'm good to go. Thanks.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 24778
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 12 2021 4:00 AM

David Paul:
Turns out SBL format doesn't include the p. #. Kinda strange, but I switched over to something that does, so I'm good to go.

Excellent - thanks for letting us know

Posts 54
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2021 2:53 AM

David Paul:

You know, it would be nice if you could set downloads by resource type, particularly study helps such as lexicons. I know I don't need everything on my tablet...I probably haven't even opened 90% of the resources in my library. But I do need all of what I need so that I'm not throttled and restricted away from the internet.

What I did with my iPad was (on the desktop) to tag everything I wanted on the iPad (lexicons, etc) from collections and then filter the library by that tag on my tablet, and then select "download all" for them. Not sure if it's slightly different on Android but it works pretty well for me as a way of managing it - I also used to use it for anything on a current reading plan but the reading plan changes in L9 have made that slightly redundant. 

Posts 161
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 29 2021 8:06 PM

Galaxy Tab S7+??

In a few months you can upgrade to the Tab S8 Ultra, with a 14.6 inch screen and 12GB RAM

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/samsung-galaxy-tab-s8-ultra-leaked-and-it-towers-over-ipad-pro-2021

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS