ATTN: Kyle Spanish courses don't show up in course tool

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 110
WR82 | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 8 2021 12:42 PM

Hello,

The spanish language courses IM201 Sisk and NT311 Moo don't show up in the course tool.  Could you help update this?  Thanks!

WR82

Posts 33438
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 10 2021 4:38 PM

bump 14

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 110
WR82 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 13 2021 3:16 PM

Bump

Posts 5573
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 7:36 AM

I suggest posting a request at https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-resource-updates and linking to this thread. Doing so will ensure that Kyle sees this.

Posts 110
WR82 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 8:00 AM

SineNomine:

I suggest posting a request at https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-resource-updates and linking to this thread. Doing so will ensure that Kyle sees this.

Maybe I am being picky, but that doesn’t sound like a user focused means to ask for help.

Feedbear is something that certainly would streamline faith life employees‘ workflows, but as the user who is paying for the product to function as advertised, I’d rather not need to make an account with yet another unadvertised (maybe I am out of the loop) software platform to provide feedback on areas where the programmers have missed some commitments. This is something that the forums have allowed  for 10+ years.

Maybe I am being old school, and I admit that I think logos users can be kind of whiny on here... For up to date software the one thing we should expect is constant change. I am just not super enthused about learning a new way to point out missing features, especially one that makes me make a separate account other than my faith life login. 

with respect, I am just going to wait for Kyle to see this post. I still see  faith life employees that comment on these posts with reasonable frequency. 

-WR82

Posts 5573
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 8:22 AM

WR82:
with respect, I am just going to wait for Kyle to see this post. I still see  faith life employees that comment on these posts with reasonable frequency. 

For reference, Kyle has repeatedly noted on the forums that he does not see everything addressed to him on the forums and that he does see everything posted to https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-resource-updates.

WR82:
I’d rather not need to make an account with yet another unadvertised (maybe I am out of the loop) software platform

Feedback.faithlife.com was originally soft-launched with a thread here on the Faithlife Forums. There is now a shortcut to "Faithlife Feedback" in the sidebar of https://community.logos.com/forums/, the Faithlife Forums homepage. The Sticky thread in the Suggestions forum is https://community.logos.com/forums/t/122900.aspx, which links to it. There is also a link to that site with the title "Suggest Improvement" on the homepage of Logos.com. There may well be other links somewhere that I don't know about or can't remember.

Posts 19401
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 8:29 AM

WR82:
Feedbear is something that certainly would streamline faith life employees‘ workflows, but as the user who is paying for the product to function as advertised, I’d rather not need to make an account with yet another unadvertised (maybe I am out of the loop) software platform to provide feedback on areas where the programmers have missed some commitments. This is something that the forums have allowed  for 10+ years.

New feedback website currently needs a separate login so please vote => Add the feedback website to the Faithlife SSO system that has 16 votes. Personally anticipate Faithlife SSO integration being followed by substantially more user voting.

FYI: my demonstration Faithlife account has a Google email address so can click "G" on new feedback for Google authorization (did not need to enter password).

WR82:

Thankful for many Logos Resource Updates having status of Done plus Thankful for many forum replies by Kyle.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1657
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 9:18 AM

WR82:

The spanish language courses IM201 Sisk and NT311 Moo don't show up in the course tool.  Could you help update this?  Thanks!

I pushed out updates to the Courses this morning. I can see them both on app.logos.com but I haven't seen them on the Desktop yet. Please let me know if you have any trouble.

SineNomine:

I suggest posting a request at https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-resource-updates and linking to this thread. Doing so will ensure that Kyle sees this.

Using feedback is really helpful because it doesn't get lost. It's also a really helpful indicator for determining what people have the most interest in having updated.

I scan the forums as much as I can but even then I miss things. Flagging things with KYLE is helpful because I tend to notice my name. However, even this can backfire because other FL employees might see my name and not read it. This is problematic when I go on vacation (like I did last week) and I ignore the forums for a week.

At any rate I certainly won't begrudge anyone for asking for help on the forums!

Posts 110
WR82 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 9:36 AM

Kyle, as always thank you. 

thanks too for the other users who pointed me to the feedback portal. 

Posts 110
WR82 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 11:47 AM

Ok, the Sisk course is working, but the Spanish version of NT331 does not show up. Not sure if additional steps are needed or if I need to wait longer, but I am passing along the info! WR82

Posts 1148
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 14 2021 6:21 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

I pushed out updates to the Courses this morning. I can see them both on app.logos.com but I haven't seen them on the Desktop yet. Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Kyle, Can you please also look into this issue?

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/199507.aspx 

Thanks.

Armin

Posts 1657
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 15 2021 8:55 AM

WR82:

Ok, the Sisk course is working, but the Spanish version of NT331 does not show up. Not sure if additional steps are needed or if I need to wait longer, but I am passing along the info! WR82

The original post mentioned NT311, not NT331. NT311 is now working for both English and Spanish.

I took a look at NT331 this morning and it's going to take a more involved fix to make it available. I created a case to get it addressed. It's too early to give a time frame on it.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS