Outdated Lexham English Bible?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Lightbulb | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 9 2021 4:30 PM

I recently started reading the LEB and so far I'm really enjoying it!

However I've noticed that several of the sources online seem to have outdated versions. For example the YouVersion website still has the errors listed here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/82096.aspx

Most sources I've checked also seem to be missing half of Gen 6:4. They're also missing italicized text and square brackets for idioms.

Faithlife sources, however, do seem up to date, so I'm currently using Biblia. Although to be honest, I'm not really a big fan of Biblia or Logos, I would really much prefer to read on YouVersion or through the SWORD module (which is also outdated). 

Is there any news on whether any of these sources are going to get updated? Is there a place that reports on new updates the LEB?

A PDF download would be much appreciated too! The Lexham website used to offer downloads but that site just redirects to lexhampress now. (I did manage to download the epub and txt before the site disappeared though, but those versions are outdated too...)

Thanks for the help!

Posts 33418
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 4:11 PM

bump for visibility 2

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 127
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 22 2021 3:11 PM

Lightbulb:

I've noticed that several of the sources online seem to have outdated versions. 

I'm involved in maintaining the LEB text, and we've sent many minor corrections like typos and missing lines to be changed in LEB. Those changes  get pushed to the Logos edition. I'm not sure who took care of sharing LEB files with YouVersion, Bible Gateway, etc., so it's likely that they still have text from the very first release back in 2012. The downloads available at lexhamenglishbible.com were also likely the initial release. The site now redirects to lexhampress.com, but there are no downloads because we don't currently have updated files in those formats. I'll post again if I get more information, but for now, Logos' app or web app and Biblia are the only places to find the latest version of LEB.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS