Like many, the takeover/buyout of Wordsearch by Logos was not expected

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Rodney Kelley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 16 2021 10:10 PM

Is there a list of books that will not be migrated?

And, will the website ever show "in your library" so that sales and even possible considerations for purchases would be safe.  One example, I have The Preacher's Outline and Sermon Bible, but it would allow me to buy it again.  Some would say I should know what I have, and with a big set like that I would.  But it would be best if I am logged in, that it show that it is already in my library.  

Posts 19267
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 16 2021 11:36 PM

Rodney Kelley:
Is there a list of books that will not be migrated?

Welcome Big Smile

Does Wordsearch FAQ => https://www.logos.com/wordsearch-faq provide insight: e.g. Lifeway.com purchases are not migrating to Logos, only Wordsearch

FYI: found FAQ link on => https://www.logos.com/wordsearch

Rodney Kelley:
And, will the website ever show "in your library" so that sales and even possible considerations for purchases would be safe.  One example, I have The Preacher's Outline and Sermon Bible, but it would allow me to buy it again.  Some would say I should know what I have, and with a big set like that I would.  But it would be best if I am logged in, that it show that it is already in my library.  

Suggest contacting customer service about license => https://www.logos.com/contact

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5319
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 2:18 AM

Greetings Rodney

Welcome to the forums, this one is a bit of an exception in that there is often a staff presence here due to the number of new Logos users that have come from Wordsearch. The other forums are usually frequented by users each seeking to help and be helped. Often the answers in the forums can arrive quicker than some company's chatbots. ;-)

I have never been a Wordsearch user but I can encourage you by saying that Faithlife has a long history of being more than fair with their customers. Should you find that you have a duplicate purchase the first thing to remember is that there is a 30-day return window on any purchase for any reason.

Secondly, customer service is very likely to consider an appeal due to a genuine error with great sympathy since the company manta is that no customer need pay twice for any resource.

I am sure that I read somewhere that it is possible to output the library contents to a spreadsheet which would make checking for duplicates trivial. But others will have to point you in that direction.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 5362
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 5:45 AM

Rodney Kelley:

And, will the website ever show "in your library" so that sales and even possible considerations for purchases would be safe.  One example, I have The Preacher's Outline and Sermon Bible, but it would allow me to buy it again.

Under ordinary circumstances the Logos.com website will already automatically indicate your WS licenses. There are a variety of reasons why that might not be the case, so I second the earlier recommendation that you contact Faithlife Customer Service.

(The most common reason overall, which may well not apply in your case, for this rare phenomenon is when the email address one's WS account is attached to differs from the one your Faithlife account is attached to. Faithlife Customer Service can fix that, fortunately.)

Posts 75
John W Gillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2021 8:12 AM

Rodney Kelley:
but it would allow me to buy it again.

If a resource is in your library and you're logged onto the Logos.com "store" with your account's email address, it would be pretty unusual that the store doesn't show it as being in your library. Are you saying there are volumes you can see & open in your Logos library that show up as un-owned on the web store? I agree with others that it could be an issue regarding multiple email addresses or something, which a call to customer service should clear up pretty quickly.

However, I'd be inclined to check the details a little closer before I called. The POSB is a big set, and it's not entirely clear what is actually behind the curtain when you say the store will allow you to "buy it again". I had the POSB NT + Proverbs in WS, and the licenses for those 15 volumes migrated to my Logos account just fine, but I can still "buy" the POSB on the Logos website, because there are obviously many volumes I don't have. But I'd get a "dynamic pricing" discount for the volumes I have a license for - I wouldn't pay for them again. I don't know exactly how the 45-volume Logos POSB aligns to the full WS set - never mind what you have in your library.

I'd suggest making sure you're logged on at the Logos website store, then doing a search for the POSB-related items, like this: https://www.logos.com/search?query=POSB&sortBy=Relevance&limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&geographicAvailability=availableToMe. That should give you a clear picture of what Logos thinks you have and don't have at a detailed level, and you can compare that to your Wordsearch library, and then call Logos customer Service if there are really any discrepancies. They do a great job of taking care of their customers.

Posts 2661
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2021 8:50 AM

Rodney Kelley:
One example, I have The Preacher's Outline and Sermon Bible, but it would allow me to buy it again.

The collection listed on the Logos website includes the book Old Testament Prophets (mentioned in the Key Features section), as well as two excerpt resources (in KJV and NIV versions). These resources were not part of the Wordsearch package, and therefore your account does not include a license for them. Because of this, the collection is not considered fully owned.

You should see that the collection is significantly discounted for you because it's reducing your price based on the rest of the books that you already own (so that you are only paying for the books in the collection that you do not yet own). Purchasing the collection would acquire those books for you, and once you own all the books in the collection, it would be indicate that you owned the collection and you wouldn't be able to purchase it again. This feature (not paying for books in a collection that you already own) is called dynamic pricing.

I suspect that any other examples are similar scenarios, but please feel free to post if you think something is in error.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS