BUG: I am unable to get the PassageList to work as described in Help

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 36304
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 28 2021 12:32 AM

Passage List

To search for citations of any of the references contained in a Passage List document, use the PassageList search extension. The content of the term is the exact name of the Passage List.

For example:

•     {PassageList My Favorite Inspirational Verses} — Finds any of the passages listed in the given Passage List

Note that the name of the Passage List has to match an existing document exactly. For best results, copy and paste the name of the document:

1.   Open the Passage List document.

2.   Select the title at the top of the document panel and press Ctrl+C (Windows) or Cmd+C (Mac) to copy it.

3.   Go to the Search box and type {PassageList. (Don’t forget the space.)

4.   Press Ctrl+V (Windows) or Cmd+V (Mac) to paste the name.

5.   Type } and press Enter.[1]

[1] Verbum Help (Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2018).

Err 2

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26049
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2021 12:49 AM

This is searching for citations of the verses in the Passage List so I think the intention is that it is used in a Basic Search

Posts 6109
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2021 9:35 AM

Graham Criddle:

This is searching for citations of the verses in the Passage List so I think the intention is that it is used in a Basic Search

I expect so... though I just tried it in a Bible search with a Passage List of my own and got a couple hits.

“The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.” St. Peter of Alcántara

Posts 3947
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2021 2:01 PM

Hi MJ,

I've written up a bug report. I was able to reproduce it in an earlier version.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS