L4 Links Broken?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 252
Michael | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 2 2021 8:12 AM

I've tried using  "Copy Location As: L4" this week and it appears it is no longer hyperlinking correctly.  The other types of links are working.

Is this a bug?

Posts 29359
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 8:27 AM

Is this intended for the L9 forum? L8? Which specific engine are you running? What OS? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 252
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 8:40 AM

JT (alabama24):

Is this intended for the L9 forum? L8? Which specific engine are you running? What OS? 

L9 on Windows 10.  Both updated.

Posts 11716
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 8:53 AM

Michael:
I've tried using  "Copy Location As: L4" this week and it appears it is no longer hyperlinking correctly. 

what exactly do you mean with "hyperlinking"?

"Copy as L4" does not provide any hyperlink such as "Copy as URL" does - the format is only understood by Logos in its specific syntax, e.g. when building a PB. I think those two examples I just made look like L4 links used to look for the last years

• logosres:niv;ref=BibleNIV.Je32.32;off=3;ctx=t_from_my_sight._32_~The_people_of_Israel 
  • logosres:rdng12vncnvrstn;ref=Page.p_7;off=1637

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 26595
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 4:13 PM

• logosres:niv;ref=BibleNIV.Je32.32   (L4)
  • logosres:niv;ref=BibleNIV.Je32.32;off=3;ctx=t_from_my_sight._32_~The_people_of_Israel  ---> essentially the same as above, but the first phrase of v32 was selected  (L4)
  • NIV hyperlink from above L4 --> no Internet connection required
  • https://ref.ly/logosres/niv?ref=BibleNIV.Je32.32&off=3&ctx=t+from+my+sight.+32+~The+people+of+Israel  (URL)
  • NIV hyperlink from above URL --> an Internet connection is required

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 252
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 5:26 PM

NB.Mick:

Michael:
I've tried using  "Copy Location As: L4" this week and it appears it is no longer hyperlinking correctly. 

what exactly do you mean with "hyperlinking"?

"Copy as L4" does not provide any hyperlink such as "Copy as URL" does - the format is only understood by Logos in its specific syntax, e.g. when building a PB. I think those two examples I just made look like L4 links used to look for the last years

• logosres:niv;ref=BibleNIV.Je32.32;off=3;ctx=t_from_my_sight._32_~The_people_of_Israel 
  • logosres:rdng12vncnvrstn;ref=Page.p_7;off=1637

To clarify, I'm using these links inside Logos for the purpose of building a reading list in a note.  Previously these links were clickable and would open the appropriate linked resource.  Now the link is just text.  It's not clickable so nothing pops up.

Posts 26595
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 2 2021 6:15 PM

Michael:
To clarify, I'm using these links inside Logos for the purpose of building a reading list in a note.  Previously these links were clickable and would open the appropriate linked resource. 

I have no problem creating the above hyperlinks in Notes. Select text in Note, click the Link icon (chain link), paste the L4 link and Save.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 252
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 4:13 PM

Dave Hooton:

Michael:
To clarify, I'm using these links inside Logos for the purpose of building a reading list in a note.  Previously these links were clickable and would open the appropriate linked resource. 

I have no problem creating the above hyperlinks in Notes. Select text in Note, click the Link icon (chain link), paste the L4 link and Save.

Here is a screenshot of what happens when I insert various links.  The L4 link doesn't work still.

Posts 26595
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 4:36 PM

Michael:

Dave Hooton:

Here is a screenshot of what happens when I insert various links.  The L4 link doesn't work still.

The L4 link by itself is not a hyperlink i.e. clickable. 

Type some text in the Note, select it, then click the Link icon (chain link), paste the L4 link and Save. For example:

Hyperlink for SBLGNT Gal 4:31  -----> created from L4 link logosres:sblgnt;ref=BibleSBLGNT.Ga4.31

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 252
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 3 2021 6:55 PM

Dave Hooton:

Michael:

Dave Hooton:

Type some text in the Note, select it, then click the Link icon (chain link), paste the L4 link and Save. For example:

Hyperlink for SBLGNT Gal 4:31  -----> created from L4 link logosres:sblgnt;ref=BibleSBLGNT.Ga4.31

Right.  I understand that.  Those are the exact steps I'm doing, but it's not clickable.  The text usually turns blue to indicate it's clickable.  I just tried again.  Still not clickable and I've tried on 3 different computers.

Posts 252
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 6 2021 1:40 PM

Dave Hooton:

Michael:

Dave Hooton:

I finally understood what you meant and got it working.  Thank you!  

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS