Small Caps not exported correctly to Powerpoint

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 5 2021 9:18 AM

Hi there

I am using the Sermon manager and have a reference in the document of Exod 6:2-3.  This correctly shows the word Lord in small caps:

However when I export this to Powerpoint it appears as Lord without small caps.

and 

Is there any way that I can get the Powerpoint to show what is in the text?

thanks

Paul

Posts 2459
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2021 12:58 PM

double click on the word "Lord" then click on the font options [see yellow circle]

then click the checkbox for Small Caps

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 6 2021 12:23 AM

Thanks for the reply David, my point is not that I can't alter it in Powerpoint but rather that Logos is not exporting the text correctly.  Logos should export the text 'Lord' as small caps but doesn't.

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 12:00 AM

Bump, this is a bug!

Posts 33457
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 1:51 AM

What is the font in Logos and in Powerpoint? I ask only because not all fonts support small caps.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 10 2021 3:09 AM

MJ. Smith:

What is the font in Logos and in Powerpoint? I ask only because not all fonts support small caps.

Thanks for the reply MJ.  I am simply choosing fully rendered so have no confrol over the text.  Therefore I assumed that Logos would choose a font which supported small caps.

If I export using the 'Editable text' option it arrives in PPT using Arial, which does support small caps.

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 12:53 AM

So that's my reasoning as to why this is a bug.

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 16 2021 12:48 AM

Bump

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2021 12:07 PM

Bump again...

Posts 2459
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2021 6:38 AM

Paul Meathrel:

Bump again...

Since this is not a problem that other users can remedy, it may be better to email your request to Faithlife personnel.

FWIW, this seems to be an issue of font "effects" which to the best of my knowledge is not supported via export (strikethrough, double strikethrough, Superscript, subscript, and All Caps are also not supported).

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 24 2021 12:13 AM

David Thomas:

FWIW, this seems to be an issue of font "effects" which to the best of my knowledge is not supported via export (strikethrough, double strikethrough, Superscript, subscript, and All Caps are also not supported).

Agreed, however of that list I think that only small caps is used in the particular text I am interested in.

Posts 4
LogosEmployee
Dustin Mackintosh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 26 2021 11:47 AM

Thanks for the report, Paul. I have added it to our internal queue of bugs/feature requests and am investigating what it might take to support small caps in our export. I agree that preserving the visual distinction for "Lord" is important there! 

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 30 2021 2:03 PM

Thanks Dustin. Look forward to seeing an update shortly

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS