Please fix this WS-come-over-related BUG - RESOLVED

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11954
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 7 2021 4:45 AM

At first I thought it was just a mixup on one product page, but then I found out we're going to get a number of books called "Theology, Church, and Ministry". A search claims it will be 24 of them. Why do I complain?

• There are 22 "books" for 3.99 (rebated from 4.99), each with its own author and an unfitting, overpromising but not in the least specific description on the product page - in the red box. In fact those are only booklets, since they are the individual chapters of the one book, "Theology, Church, and Ministry: A Handbook". I'm not against this being the case - but the user should be made aware of this fact. When there's no individual description for the books, then a box should be applied that says: "This book is an excerpt of https://www.logos.com/product/198626/theology-church-and-ministry-a-handbook-for-theological-education ". Also the included-in-feature on the product page should show this. Thus users can decide whether they want to buy one or more of the excerpts or the full book

• A second thing, perhaps more of a curiosity, but one with potential to raise discussions: The full book exists as two different editions (even though sold at the same price), one of which, according to its title is to be "with Videos" (red arrow, this also features on the book cover shown). At this point I'm not sure which videos those would be - dozens of hours of those high-caliber authors presenting their chapters to me? Or only a few teasers? Why doesn't the product page tell me? And if the videos are of value, why would FL give those away for free? I now preordered this product, not sur if I should be expecting to get any videos at all. But I know that some customers will interpret this product title as promising those videos to them. So maybe someone should clarify this. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 5807
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 7 2021 5:08 AM

Another example of why I say FL took the wrong approach with the conversion of WS products into Logos books. They have rushed things, they are not checking and understanding what it is they are putting into ePub format and what it outputs should be dumped into users libraries. Thankfully I didn't own this resource in WS and have all of the rubbish that FL has created dumped into my library.

Posts 9140
LogosEmployee

NB.Mick:

Thanks for reporting this; we've cleaned up those extra unnecessary products.

Posts 11954
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 12 2021 9:40 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

NB.Mick:

Thanks for reporting this; we've cleaned up those extra unnecessary products.

Thanks!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS