We have become friends through the forum

Page 3 of 21 (414 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 413 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 4:31 PM

Kerkhoven, Minnesota, USA. Halfway finished with my Master of Divinity from RTS Jackson, MS. Moved up here from Jackson last month, finishing my degree online and interning at Covenant URC in Prinnsburg, MN.

Posts 10740
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 4:35 PM

Dan DeVilder:
i hate to go against your wife and side with you

That is a dangerous thing to do. Did you notice that red hair in my avatar?

Asheville—Asheboro,  Many Tar Heel imports have been known to confuse these. We have considered making it a question of the citizenship exam Geeked. Asheboro is in the geographical center of the state. Asheville is in the western mountains (high hills to users from Colorado).

Posts 586
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 4:52 PM

I live in Southern California - 17 miles from Disneyland. Big Smile

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:11 PM

Olympia, Washington.

Layman, who has contemplated going to seminary for a Master's of Divinity.  But want to do it long distance (don't wanna move).

Curious about the Australians translating the Bible.  Is that from English to Australian?  Be sure to include a dictionary for us Americans. Smile

I cannot imagine Abraham saying, "G'day, Mate!"

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:18 PM

I am the pastor at First Baptist Church in Baker, Montana, USA.

Here we have wheat, cows, and oil.

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 6:05 PM

Conover, North Carolina.  Pastor of Mt. Olive Lutheran Church (LCMS).  Howdy, y'all!

Posts 2843
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:19 PM

I pastor a United Methodist Church (and play with my grandchildren) in Louisville, Mississippi (United States of America).

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 150
Darcy S. Van Horn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 10:14 PM

Over the past 13 years, I've served two pastorates in Vancouver, BC.  Prior to that I was a missionary in North Africa.  Though I haven't posted much on these forums, I read them often and greatly enjoy them, not only for the help with Logos, but also just because it is such a joy interacting with brothers and sisters in Christ from all over the world, and from many different Christian traditions.  Blessings to all!

In Him,

Darcy

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 11:25 PM

Ted Hans:

Andy Evans:
I wondered if you are, perhaps, the Ted Hans mentioned in the acknowledgements of Mr Adrian Warnock's Risen With Christ? Apologies for asking, but curiosity got the better of me Tongue Tied

Yes, that's me. Great book from Adrian can't wait for it to get into the development stage in Logos. The book is that good I wished I wrote it but then again I am glad my name got in thereSmile.

Ted

I had the pleasure of attending the last two 300 events at Jubilee Church, Enfield London. The church very generously presented delegates with a copy of Mr Warnock's book following the first event.

It is an excellent book and Jubilee Church were both warm and generous. We really enjoyed the events and our time in London and I am really enjoying the book.

I also thought I would mention that the MP Seminar is mentioned on his website, here.

I hope to attend, but will not be in a position to book until September... Hopefully there will still be places left.

Posts 19
Locksmythe | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 2:01 AM

Hi,

I'm an elder/pastor disguised as a locksmith here in Melbourne, Florida, nice to meet you.

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 2:51 AM

Pastor for 21 years. Last 9 of them in Habo, 18 km from Jönköping in the south part of Sweden (northern Europe). Before my pastorsstudy I was an carpenter.

Posts 487
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 4:38 AM

I live in Kingston, Ontario, Canada, a gorgeous historic town about half way between Ottawa and Toronto.

I have the World's Best Job as Church Administrator at  Bethel Church, a congregational church downtown.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 5:24 AM

I live in Oshawa, Ontario, home of Canadian General Motors, 40 kilometres east of Toronto and west from fellow Logos Community members Carmen and Alex.

Oshawa is on the North Shore of Lake Ontario

.......    Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 88
Nancy A. Almodovar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 5:42 AM

I live in Ridgewood, NY (in the borough of Queens NYC).  Happily married to a master cabinet maker who works for Metro North Railroad also fills in as their chaplain and is an ordained minister but not pastoring.  We attend W. Sayville Reformed Bible Church which is about a 47 mile trip each way on the Lord's Day.  I am currently doing my post-grad work at Trinity Theological Seminary in Philosophy of Christian Theology and Apologetics. 

Two of my professors highly recommended Logos and then it was gifted to me last Christmas.  I'm so thankful for those who have put this software together and the experts who respond to questions and problems. 

Ridgewood-NYC

Nancy A. Almodovar, M.Th.

Posts 550
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 10:15 AM

Fred Chapman:

Warrior, Alabama (thats about 25 miles north of Birmingham)

USA

Fred, I live in Huntsville, AL. Are you coming to the Logos conference tomorrow?

Posts 4
Jim-Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 11:39 AM

I live in Sudden Valley (Bellingham) Washington, USA: or rather, at my desk here at Logos headquarters!

I am in the sales department and have had the opportunity to speak with many, if not most, of you that have posted on this forum.  My good friend Ghebreab (Tes) pointed out that there isn't much Logos Employee involvement in the forums.  Well, that's true ... this is my first post.  In our defense, they keep us pretty busy with non-forum related business the majority of the time!

Thank you Ghebreab for pushing me into posting, and I look forward to hearing from you all soon!

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 11:45 AM

Nancy A. Almodovar:
which is about a 47 mile trip each way

Hello Nancy,

Saw your post.  Glad to have you here.  47 miles is a long way to go for church on the east coast like that.  What do you think about the commute?  I have some experience with long commutes to church myself.  I actually enjoyed the long commute.  It allowed me time to "prepare" for service and/or really think about what was said and how it can impact me. 

Posts 2974
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 12:02 PM

Chandler, AZ (suburb of Phoenix). 

Father to a two year old. Husband to the most beautiful and godly woman I've ever met.

One of 7 pastors of Grace Bible Church (gbcaz.org). 

Currently in Tampa, FL for a few months for my nurse anesthesia clinicals. I'll be back in AZ in a month. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 3703
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 12:58 PM

Western New York state - Rochester, NY, is about 50 miles east of Niagara Falls.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 5:19 PM

I'm doing a ministry apprenticeship with a local church, I live in Port Macquarie, Australia. Four hours north of Sydney

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Page 3 of 21 (414 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS