Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament, Volume XVII: Index -???

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6
Rob Surgenor | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 1 2021 2:49 PM

I was wondering if the Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament, Volume XVII: Index was worth getting if we already have the full set? 

Is it really worth purchasing if we have the ability to search everything within the set already?

Thanks in advance

Posts 3166
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2021 4:27 PM

Rob Surgenor:

I was wondering if the Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament, Volume XVII: Index was worth getting if we already have the full set? 

Is it really worth purchasing if we have the ability to search everything within the set already?

Thanks in advance

Rob, 

I don't own the index, so my opinion is skewed. In my view I see no clear advantage to owning the index for the reason you put forth. HSAT, if I were looking to own this volume now is the time to buy as I don't see it being offered at a better price any time soon. For those who own TDOT&Vol.16/TDNT the dynamic price is $35.38

Edit: Some may find the textual references helpful.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 3166
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2021 5:02 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

Rob Surgenor:

Thanks in advance

Rob, 

I don't own the index, so my opinion is skewed. In my view I see no clear advantage to owning the index for the reason you put forth. HSAT, if I were looking to own this volume now is the time to buy as I don't see it being offered at a better price any time soon. For those who own TDOT&Vol.16/TDNT the dynamic price is $35.38

Edit: Some may find the textual references helpful.

Thanks for bringing this question. It provoked my bias and led me to test its basis. Because FL gives us the privilege of examining our purchases for 30 days, I saw no harm in purchasing volume 17. A cursory review of the resource leads me to a change in my opinion. I suggest that you too examine for yourself the resource and judge whether or not you find it worth owning.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 22
Joshua | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2021 11:14 PM

Can you share the links to the reviews here?

Posts 663
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2021 11:14 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

Rob Surgenor:

Some may find the textual references helpful.

Like Rob, I've wondered about the practical value of adding this index. Thanks for your feedback, Beloved. I'm aware that I can test-drive any Logos resource myself for 30 days but I'd welcome the opinion of others who have used and evaluated it.

Posts 3166
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 2 2021 9:49 AM

Joshua:

Can you share the links to the reviews here?

Joshua,

The "cursory" review was just me poking around in the TOC. I'll leave a screenshot to give you an idea.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS