Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1257
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 7 2021 6:41 PM

When I generate a column or bar Chart and display Frequency Per 1000 Words in Chapter, there is no caption for the chapter numbers. This makes the chart much less useful.

When I display a pie chart, there is a percentage number displayed for each chapter, but there is no similar indication of the chapter on the column chart. At the very least, I would like to see the book and chapter numbers at the bottom of the column and bar charts. The bar chart should have room to display this.

Posts 32561
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 12 2021 7:31 PM

bump 5 for attention

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26712
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 14 2021 9:27 AM

Harry Hahne:
When I generate a column or bar Chart and display Frequency Per 1000 Words in Chapter, there is no caption for the chapter numbers

That's because there is not enough screen space. Try to display as a Column chart in a maximised floating window. That may not succeed with even more results, so you may have to restrict the chart to books (per 1000 words in book).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1257
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2021 2:49 PM

Dave Hooton:
That's because there is not enough screen space.

There is a huge amount of white space to the left of the chart. When I display a pie chart, the book abbreviation and chapters are displayed. 

Without the captions the bar chart is meaningless

In this case the chapters matter. It was a study of themes in different sections of the Psalms. 

But fun fact -- Someone at Faithlife must be listening! Logos 9.6 Beta 3 now displays the chapters on the same chart, whereas earlier betas did not. Big Smile

It seems to display the captions if there is a reasonable number of chapters in the search. When I do this search on the whole Hebrew Bible, there are no captions. But I suspect this is because there is simply not enough height for the text. I can live with that.

Thanks to Faithlife for taking care of this. It is an important improvement.

Posts 26712
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2021 9:21 PM

Harry Hahne:
It seems to display the captions if there is a reasonable number of chapters in the search. When I do this search on the whole Hebrew Bible, there are no captions. But I suspect this is because there is simply not enough height for the text.

This is what I meant to say! So enlarging the window would work in some cases.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1257
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 15 2021 11:50 PM

Dave Hooton:
So enlarging the window would work in some cases.

It seems that it works differently in Beta 3. I tried the same search with the same window size, but in beta 3 it shows the captions.

There does seem to be a maximum number of lines possible to display captions on a bar chart, depending on the font size. Beyond that point there are no captions. There is no attempt to fit them in as there are with pie charts. The pie chart will cut off some captions if there is no room, but it makes a valiant effort to show as many captions as possible. For the rest it just draws lines into space at the top of the chart.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS