Need help locating a picture

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2158
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 17 2021 5:48 AM

The other day I was reading through Revelation 1:9-20.

I was wondering if anyone has tried to paint a picture of how Jesus is described in this text.

How would you go about searching for such a picture and does Logos carry it?

Thanks for any help offered.

Posts 33277
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2021 2:30 PM

Err 1

Your results may be very different

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2158
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2021 3:46 PM

Thanks MJ

Posts 19279
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2021 5:39 PM

What Logos can find will be limited to what you have in your library, and their collections of sacred art are not very comprehensive anyway. I get slightly more than what MJ found in her library, but still only B&W images. Very disappointing.

You'd do better doing a Google Images search, something along these lines:

The first place I usually look for Christian art is Vanderbilt's Art in the Christian Tradition search engine; it allows you to search by Scripture. But they didn't have anything from that passage of Revelation, thus I went to Google Images next. It usually doesn't disappoint, but you need to be a little smarter about search criteria.

Posts 19388
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2021 6:37 PM

Rosie Perera:
... but still only B&W images. Very disappointing.

Found a color image in Bible Review: (sadly Biblical Archeological Society stuff is not available for purchase)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 33277
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2021 7:36 PM

Rosie Perera:
Vanderbilt's Art in the Christian Tradition search engine

Thanks for this reference - I'd not run into it. The Rijksmuseum Has Made 709k Pieces of Art Available Online to All (mymodernmet.com) is a site I often use.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS