Keeps indexing when I reopen logos, Stops indexing at around 6%. Cannot do proper searches as a result.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
Anthony Catbagan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 9 2021 12:53 PM

Please help me.  I've restarted and typed "rebuild index" several times but to no avail.  I don't know how the problem happened.  Ever since I got the new update from logos and downloaded the new resource for this month, my Logos hasn't used the search function properly.  Below is the screenshot and the Error files.  Thank you for your help.  

3414.Errors.zip

Posts 8
Jacob Morrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2021 4:21 PM

I am noticing quite a bit of strange behavior with the new update on my Mac, Logos isn't running right for me either. Things are taking considerably longer to do than they were 3 or 4 days ago.  Unfortunately i have no solution but hope an update is released very soon that increases the stability of the program. 

Posts 27860
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 12:00 AM

Anthony Catbagan:
Below is the screenshot and the Error files.  Thank you for your help.  

Anthony, we need logging from https://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging. Pls  upload your zipped log files folder i.e. start Logos with logging, "rebuild index", wait a few minutes and then upload the folder.

and provide a screenshot of your LibraryIndex folder in your Logos (Windows) or Logos4 folder (Mac).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 13
Anthony Catbagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 6:57 AM

Thank you so much for your clear instruction.  The link you gave helped me greatly.  Here are the logs you requested.  6761.Logs.zip

Posts 13
Anthony Catbagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 7:08 AM

Here's the screenshot of the LibraryIndex Folder.  

Posts 27860
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 10:47 PM

Anthony Catbagan:

Thank you so much for your clear instruction.  The link you gave helped me greatly.  Here are the logs you requested.  6761.Logs.zip

Bible indexing started and it looks promising, but you uploaded before it finished.

Did indexing finish? Can you run searches and get results? If not, upload the logs folder again (don't run "rebuild index" again).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 13
Anthony Catbagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 11:08 PM

If it uploaded before it finished, the notifications disappeared after 12%.  Whether the indexer is running after the notifications disappeared, I can't tell.   I can send you the logs again.  I still get the same issue with search.  It still says, "some search results may be missing or incorrect while your library is being updated."  

Here are my logs as of now.  2450.Logs_noRebuild_LogosOpenfor10hours.zip

Posts 13
Anthony Catbagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2021 11:10 PM

Posts 13
Anthony Catbagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 11 2021 12:13 AM

I closed and reopen Logos.  Here's what it looks like from the start.  I closed Logos so I can only view the LogosIndexer in my task manager.  Notice the time in the right hand corner.  I did this at midnight.  

Then I did another screenshot at 12%.  I also observe the time at the bottom right hand corner.  It's 12:04am and the Logos Notification Icon is still 
there.  

Then suddenly, the notification icon disappears and the LogosIndexer no longer shows in task manager.  The Logos Icon in the notification box also disappears.  Observe that in the bottom right hand corner.  The time is 12:06am.  

Posts 19594
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 11 2021 4:59 PM

Anthony Catbagan:
Then suddenly, the notification icon disappears and the LogosIndexer no longer shows in task manager.  The Logos Icon in the notification box also disappears. 

Suspect sudden disappearance of LogosIndexer being a crash so now please upload Diagnostic Logs (hoping Indexer.log has messages for crash diagnosis). Logos Help Center (LHC) includes:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 35603
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 11 2021 5:46 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Suspect sudden disappearance of LogosIndexer being a crash so now please upload Diagnostic Logs

The previously uploaded logs shows a series of database errors causing a crash. I was not able to discern the appropriate action for correction.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 13
Anthony Catbagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 12 2021 3:37 AM

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling.  It was a major pain to download all my resources, but the indexing went passed the 12% mark and finished.  Consider this thread resolved.  Thank you for all of your help,  

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS