Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 60
LogosEmployee
Taylor Blomquist | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 15 2021 4:57 PM

Hi all,

An email went out today saying that the Wordsearch library migration was complete except for a number of titles that wouldn’t be migrated to Logos at all (mostly due to materials issues).

That was a mistake on our end.

What the email should have said is that the migration is complete with the exception of 42 titles which will be coming out over the next few months and the 22 titles that won’t be migrated.

We’re sending out an email to correct our mistake but I wanted to give you all a heads up here in case you came across it in your inbox.

Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks,

Taylor Blomquist

Posts 5548
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2021 5:36 PM

The sale was correct, though?

Posts 60
LogosEmployee
Taylor Blomquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2021 5:46 PM

Yes. Wordsearch users who are purchasing a Logos base package for the first time will save 40%. 

Posts 3141
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2021 5:54 PM

Taylor Blomquist:

Yes. Wordsearch users who are purchasing a Logos base package for the first time will save 40%. 

Oh, that's why I didn't get the email. Mind you, I'm not complaining.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4

Posts 5846
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2021 7:05 PM

So what are the 22 titles that are not migrating that losers will be forced go use a unsupported version of Wordsearch while it still works. Is there any explanation as to why they won’t be available and if there will be any compensation for the loss of access to these resources ? Users did not ask for any of this to happen. Some more information would be appreciated on this point Taylor. Thanks in advance.

Taylor Blomquist:

Hi all,

An email went out today saying that the Wordsearch library migration was complete except for a number of titles that wouldn’t be migrated to Logos at all (mostly due to materials issues).

That was a mistake on our end.

What the email should have said is that the migration is complete with the exception of 42 titles which will be coming out over the next few months and the 22 titles that won’t be migrated.

We’re sending out an email to correct our mistake but I wanted to give you all a heads up here in case you came across it in your inbox.

Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks,

Taylor Blomquist

Posts 3838
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2021 7:22 PM

DIsciple II:

So what are the 22 titles that are not migrating that losers will be forced go use a unsupported version of Wordsearch while it still works. Is there any explanation as to why they won’t be available and if there will be any compensation for the loss of access to these resources ? Users did not ask for any of this to happen. Some more information would be appreciated on this point Taylor. 

The following resources won't be coming to Logos:

1. Willmington's Notes: Theology
  2. Willmington's Notes: Old Testament
  3. Willmington's Notes: New Testament - Gospels
  4. Willmington's Notes: New Testament - Acts to Revelation
  5. W7-4988 SA - Hallelujah Chorus Songbook
  6. LifeChange Series: Part 2 Titlepage
  7. WORDsearch Media Index (Arranged by Scripture)
  8. WORDsearch Media Index (Topically Arranged)
  9. Contemporary English Version Dictionary
  10. Reaching for the New Jerusalem
  11. NLT Study Bible Xrefs
  12. Christian Counselor's New Testament Topical Index
  13. Parsons Bible Atlas - Maps
  14. Living for Others When You'd Rather Live for Yourself
  15. Discipleship Journal Index
  16. Life Application Bible Maps
  17. Geroge Brooks Commentaries
  18. Cuando cierro mis ojos
  19. Concise Bible History
  20. Precepts 2010-2011
  21. Precepts 2009-2010
  22. Notes on the WCF - J. Macpherson 

https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog/incompatible       

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 5846
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 15 2021 9:21 PM

Thanks Floyd. I appreciate you taking the time to share this information. I didn’t get the email so was in the dark on what was impacted.

Posts 1452
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 5:33 AM

Floyd Johnson:

I'm particularly disappointed about these resources. Is there a reason why these won't be coming over?

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 1562
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 5:57 AM

I'm curious too, as well as the following resources not coming over:

10. Reaching for the New Jerusalem

13. Parsons Bible Atlas - Maps

14. Living for Others When You'd Rather Live for Yourself

16. Life Application Bible Maps

17. George Brooks Commentaries

Posts 3838
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 7:27 AM

Myke Harbuck:

Floyd Johnson:

I'm particularly disappointed about these resources. Is there a reason why these won't be coming over?

Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 200
Joe Mayden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 11:55 AM

Some clarification - I understand you are choosing not to make some resources from our Wordsearch library unavailable.  I am sure it is because of licensing issues or other such things.  

What I would like to know is are you going to complete resources like Life Application Bible Notes.  Currently they are not indexed so they cannot be linked.  Are there resources that you intended to index that we have in our library but currently difficult to use because they are not indexed or tagged?

Thanks for all you do!

Posts 60
LogosEmployee
Taylor Blomquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 12:19 PM

Hi Mike, 

We won't producing these (now 21) resources in the Logos format due to a materials issue. Sorry to disappoint you. Thank you for your patience as we finish up the last few titles. 

Posts 60
LogosEmployee
Taylor Blomquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 1:19 PM

HI Joe, 

We are still working on producing many resources into full Logos Research Editions and Logos Reader Editions. The Life Application Bible Notes is one of those resources. 

Posts 19
Drew Holland | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 18 2021 1:26 PM

Taylor,

Please expand on the meaning of "a materials issue." Does it mean the same thing for all 22 volumes?

Thanks

Posts 156
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 1:19 PM

Attention Taylor.

In the update regarding the 21 Wordsearch resources that are not coming to Logos, would you please clarify the George Brooks Commentaries.  It is item number 16 in the list at https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog/incompatible.  I definitely have all 33 Wordsearch resources now showing in my Logos library (24 commentaries, 9 books).

According to my custom Wordsearch to Logos migration page, they are all available to me--some in Ebook format and some as Logos Research editions.

Are they going to be removed from my Logos library?

Posts 1635
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 1:35 PM

Wayne Clarke:

Attention Taylor.

In the update regarding the 21 Wordsearch resources that are not coming to Logos, would you please clarify the George Brooks Commentaries.  It is item number 16 in the list at https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/catalog/incompatible.  I definitely have all 33 Wordsearch resources now showing in my Logos library (24 commentaries, 9 books).

According to my custom Wordsearch to Logos migration page, they are all available to me--some in Ebook format and some as Logos Research editions.

Are they going to be removed from my Logos library?

Wayne,

No. This was a quirk of licensing. The "resource" behind the license listed on the website is merely a stub resource that reads "The George Brooks Collection has been expanded and updated. To make this update and expansion possible, the contents of this older book have been extracted into separate volumes in the new George Brooks Preaching Series."

The George Brooks Preaching Series is available and is in the process of being updated.

Posts 156
Wayne Clarke | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 2:00 PM

Thank you for the clarification Kyle!  Appreciated.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS