Does Anyone Use the Faithlife Assistant?

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 24 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1115
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 12:49 AM

MJ. Smith:

Kiyah:
Just to keep us on topic, this particular thread

I am deliberately off-topic, trying to explain to you why I feel I've spent more than enough time showing that it does function and has a definite usefulness whether or not it is a feature of any use to you specifically. Nor do I feel any obligation spending time defending the accuracy of the user developed documentation (wiki) or the bug-level in the implementation. Why do I feel that way? Because of the series of non-functional issues I've run into in a single evening that are, to me, a far better use of FL developer's time to repair than to have them wasting time removing an incomplete feature that they will simply have to reimplement in the near future.

Okay. Then thank you for your input. You can move on to another thread that is of a different topic that you feel is a better use of your and Faithlife's time. You've given your opinion on the tool. Let others give theirs. Just because you don't think this is a good use of Faithlife's time doesn't mean you should hijack the thread for other topics. I may want more than just MJ's input on a particular topic, even though I definitely value MJ's input.  I wasn't at all discounting your input so much as I was further explaining my user experience with the tool (since you incorrectly assumed I hadn't tried to learn how to use it). My experience is that it doesn't actually "assist" me in any way. Your experience is different. That's fine. I would also like to know others' experiences. You are under no obligation to defend anything or further comment on something you feel is a waste of time.

Posts 330
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 5:49 AM

Kiyah:
I would also like to know others' experiences.

I had to open up my L7 to see if it was something recent. Of course, if you remember, there's no visual reminder of its existance in L7, when it was new. Don't know since. I had to use search, and a single return from the Help resource ... 'Who is Jesus?'.

As a simplistic Factbook verbalizing, I agree ... for what? As a future interface, while driving your Tesla into a tree, I'd think quite useful (ask, listen, ask, listen, sort of thing).  I'd agree with the earlier comment ... 5 years. But by then, the idea-champion will be gone, and they'd have to start over ... unless it was Bob.

Posts 1228
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 7:20 AM

Until now, I don’t think i noticed it existed. I really need to start watch those how-to videos.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 26795
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 5:23 PM

Kiyah:

5. "prepare a sermon about debt"; Response: "Opening Sermon Starter Guide for Debt" (I was just checking to see if the thing was working at all.)

6. "prepare a sermon on lk 1.26-38"; Response: "I didn't understand that." (It doesn't recognize the same biblical reference inputs that work for the rest of Logos.)

7. "prepare a sermon on Luke 1:26-38"; Response: "Opening Sermon Starter Guide for Luke 1:26-38" (That worked at least.)

I would expect "Prepare"/"Start" to act on a Sermon Editor/Builder document as the command appears under Documents in the wiki (Sermon Editor was available in August 2016).  "Open" actually works for each of your examples, but only for SSG's.

This tool was introduced in October 2017 and its wiki was last updated at that time. The software hasn't been updated, but the tool has been hidden in non-English UI's since Logos 8.5 i.e. it is only available to English UI's.

I had been asking for it to be removed, but Faithlife kept it in Logos 8 as a tool for future development. I still think it should be removed and eventually introduce a more functional tool with a more inspiring name!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1115
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2021 5:42 PM

Dave Hooton:
I would expect "Prepare"/"Start" to act on a Sermon Editor/Builder document as the command appears under Documents in the wiki (Sermon Editor was available in August 2016).

Agreed. 'Start a sermon' under Documents seems like it should open a sermon document, perhaps along with a Sermon Starter Guide to get you started on your prep.

Dave Hooton:
I had been asking for it to be removed, but Faithlife kept it in Logos 8 as a tool for future development. I still think it should be removed and eventually introduce a more functional tool with a more inspiring name!

Agreed again. I remember when it was first introduced, I expected it to be enhanced and become more sophisticated over time. I would check back with each new version release (Logos 8, Logos 9) to see if it worked any better. Alas, no change since the first time I used it, at least none that I can detect.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS