KYLE, SEAN, PHIL, BRADLEY et. al. Please reconsider the resource type classification for these new resources

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 33402
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 19 2021 1:53 AM

I have given these resources a chance in their currently classification only to become more convinced that they are incorrectly classified. It takes more than a Bible index to logically be a Bible Commentary and fit into the classification - and to work in the guide sections intended for Bible commentaries.

Leedy, Randy A. SBL Greek New Testament Sentence Diagrams. Bellingham, WA: Faithlife, 2020. This is clearly a clause visualization resource. The fact that it uses Kellogg-Reed rather than tree or outline should be irrelevant.

All the Faithlife Biblical and Theological Lists are reference works not commentaries. I suspect they fit best as encyclopedias that happen to use Bible references as an index. This would correctly send the user to them for details and definitions.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1654
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 19 2021 8:42 AM

Thanks MJ. I'll take a look.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS