Modern Apocryphal New Testament

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 50
Ken Thompsen | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 23 2021 1:21 PM

Logos could use a modern variation of apocryphal NT writings to accompany Charlesworth's Pseudepigrapha. I have a hardcover from JK Elliot, printed by Oxford in the 80s, called the Apocryphal New Testament (the same name as MR James' classic. This was intended as an update). It's only in softcover now (ISBN: 9780198261810), but it seems to be the same book. Either way, I would recommend getting this. 

Posts 34431
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2021 2:44 PM

adding it to Roadmap | Faithlife will help Fatihlife judge the interest.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 50
Ken Thompsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2021 3:17 PM

MJ. Smith:

adding it to Roadmap | Faithlife will help Fatihlife judge the interest.

Thanks. I should have looked there. It seems that someone has already added an entry. Putting my vote in.

On a huge sidenote, I'm not a KJV Onlyist by any means, but if I had to make an argument for the KJV, it's that there's such a HUGE surrounding corpus of literature built around it that mostly flourished in the 19th century. And they're all so affordable. References galore, Commentaries galore, Apocryphal texts, comparative translations (like the LXX or Syriac), the Early Church Fathers set, Prayer and Service books, etc.. It's really nice. I wish there was such widespread use around a translation in the Church today that there'd be an equivalent library centering on the NKJV or NRSV or what have you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS