9.7 (9.7.0.0020) is now available

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3622
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 17 2021 11:00 AM

The Logos Bible Software desktop application version 9.7 is now available to all users.

To immediately update to the current stable version, enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Download Link

Posts 20
Morgan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2021 12:49 PM

Many of the fixes have been great, but can I just make one complaint about the sermon editor?

When putting in scripture references I don't always want the text to be imported in. With this most recent update I can't even put in a bulleted list of verses without them changing into blocks of text. Is there a way we could add more control to this feature?

Posts 25131
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2021 1:57 PM

Morgan Bradley:
With this most recent update I can't even put in a bulleted list of verses without them changing into blocks of text.

I agree - this is very unhelpful

And, also, as far I can see when entering a biblical reference in a block of normal text it does not generate a link (tested this on Mac)

Posts 263
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2021 2:09 PM

Happy to see some dark mode improvements.  Logos 9 is inching closer to having a useable dark mode, but we're not there yet.  Purple font is still not legible.  Yellow background highlights are still not legible.  The 9.7 beta at one point had some improved yellow highlights, but this has been reverted back to something that isn't legible.  The highlights in the palette still don't match the actual highlights in use.  Hopefully these issues can be addressed in 9.8.  I'm sure there are other combinations that aren't working as intended, but these are the ones that stick out based on my uses.

Posts 2165
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2021 3:04 PM

Graham Criddle:

Morgan Bradley:
With this most recent update I can't even put in a bulleted list of verses without them changing into blocks of text.

I agree - this is very unhelpful

Is this an issue just with list items?

Graham Criddle:
And, also, as far I can see when entering a biblical reference in a block of normal text it does not generate a link (tested this on Mac)

It currently requires that the Bible reference come at the end of the paragraph. We've got some ideas on how to handle internal references, but we've not built that yet.

Posts 25131
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2021 10:52 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

I believe so - as the act of pressing Enter is required for going onto the next list item but now that inserts the biblical text - a workaround is inserting a space after the reference before pressing Enter. And it was in investigating this workaround I found the issue of not including a link

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
It currently requires that the Bible reference come at the end of the paragraph. We've got some ideas on how to handle internal references, but we've not built that yet.

Is this (effectively) a regression in 9.7? I don't believe this was the case in earlier versions. If so, I personally think this outweighs the benefit of the new features that support insertion of biblical text in 9.7

Posts 443
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2021 11:32 PM

The new features in Sermon Builder are much appreciated!

Posts 2165
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2021 9:23 PM

Graham Criddle:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

I believe so - as the act of pressing Enter is required for going onto the next list item but now that inserts the biblical text - a workaround is inserting a space after the reference before pressing Enter. And it was in investigating this workaround I found the issue of not including a link

This was an oversight. We're fixing it so Enter doesn't try to insert a Scripture block when you're in a list.

Graham Criddle:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Is this (effectively) a regression in 9.7? I don't believe this was the case in earlier versions. If so, I personally think this outweighs the benefit of the new features that support insertion of biblical text in 9.7

Sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were referring to when Enter would insert a Scripture block, which is now more flexible in 9.7. In prior versions, a Bible reference had to be alone as its own paragraph for Enter to insert the passage as a block. In 9.7 the Bible reference merely needs to be the last thing you type. So the old behavior still works, but now you can insert a Scripture block after something like this: "As Paul says in Romans 8:28." We even support non-terminal punctuation (i.e., commas and colons). So there's no regression here. This is a new feature that makes inserting Scripture blocks much more flexible.

I'm not seeing the regression you're referring to. Bible references are still converting into hyperlinks for me. Are you typing, or pasting? There is a known bug when pasting Bible references in multiple paragraphs that we're working on. I'm not sure if that's a regression or has been around for a while. Is that what you're referring to?

Posts 2165
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 18 2021 9:24 PM

PJ:

The new features in Sermon Builder are much appreciated!

Glad you like them! Thanks for sharing.

Posts 25131
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 1:12 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
This was an oversight. We're fixing it so Enter doesn't try to insert a Scripture block when you're in a list.

Thanks Phil

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were referring to when Enter would insert a Scripture block, which is now more flexible in 9.7. In prior versions, a Bible reference had to be alone as its own paragraph for Enter to insert the passage as a block. In 9.7 the Bible reference merely needs to be the last thing you type.

Yes - I appreciate this and it is really helpful. Thanks for introducing that

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
I'm not seeing the regression you're referring to. Bible references are still converting into hyperlinks for me. Are you typing, or pasting?

If I type john 1:1 into a blank line (the same applies in a non-blank line) then I get a linked reference and the option to insert inline or insert as a block

If, however, I just press the space bar those options disappear (which is correct) but so does the hyperlink

This only happens if the name for the biblical book is entered without a capital letter at the beginning - so this might not be a regression at all

Apologies for the lack of detail initially.

Posts 35
LogosEmployee
Austin Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 7:16 AM

Thanks for these details, Graham.  We are already talking about this internally this morning with our development team.  I appreciate the feedback.

Posts 25131
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 7:29 AM

Thanks Austin

Posts 2165
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 7:32 AM

Graham Criddle:

If, however, I just press the space bar those options disappear (which is correct) but so does the hyperlink. This only happens if the name for the biblical book is entered without a capital letter at the beginning

Got it. This appears to be a bug on Mac, iPad, and web. On Windows it works correctly.

Posts 25131
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 7:39 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Got it. This appears to be a bug on Mac, iPad, and web. On Windows it works correctly.

Thanks Phil - however I see this problem on Windows as well. My screenshots above were from my Windows system.

Posts 2165
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 7:41 AM

Graham Criddle:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Thanks Phil - however I see this problem on Windows as well. My screenshots above were from my Windows system.

Hmm. I'm on a later version (I run the alphas).

I did just discover that Windows has a problem, too. The behavior is just different. Here's a GIF:

Posts 25131
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 19 2021 8:04 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Hmm. I'm on a later version (I run the alphas).

That sounds promising

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
I did just discover that Windows has a problem, too. The behavior is just different

That is strange!

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS