Accordance, Bible Explorer, Biblesoft, BibleWorks, Laridian, Olive Tree, Quickverse, WORDsearch...

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 42 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 4:23 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Denise:
I notice Oaktree updated their Windows page yesterday, with the release on-track for September.  I'm thinking to maybe get the NET Bible.

The Windows port is looking pretty good. It is F.A.S.T. I really, really wish Logos would spend a few cycles working on optimization & polish.

As a long time mac Accordance user I can say it's speed is one of the things i value most about it. It is also generally pretty stable… Version 10 seems to have brought some interesting glitches but I am sure those bugs will get squashed soon. Logos 5 mac seems pretty stable but it does feel very bloated and less responsive than I would like. That being said it is a improvement over 4 and I realize that Logos has to get things working perfectly before they can work too hard on optimization.

-Dan

Posts 10043
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 5:10 PM

Well, first things first.

Sgt Joe Friday on the Los Angeles Police Department: 'Just the maps, maam.'  (Dragnet; per Wikipedia, that was not quite the quote.)

Posts 2377
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 5:59 PM

Denise:

David ... I was only demonstrating the nuttiness of the present situation buying 4 copies plus a free changable one. STEP would have only required a single purchase.

Ok. Now I understand.  One of the reasons that STEP died is that it allowed the use of the file under more then one program.  The publishers want their cut for every reader program we use.  Logos is cutting a lot of red tape. [And some of the STEP readers let one copy and paste formats]

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS