Display Bible Books Structure as Selection possibility (as an alternative to mere chapter list)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6

Hi

I'm often looking for a specific story or subject in a book that I would immediately spot in a list of section titles. Or I need (for my studies) to give the structure of a certain biblical book. 

Forboth requirements I would higly apreciate if in the "chapter selection area" (left of the bible text) I could optionally switch to "title structure" mode instead of "chapters" mode. So in the example of the screen shot attached (1Joh1) instead of

• Chapter 1
  • Chapter 2
  • Chapter 21

it would read

• The Prologue to John’s Gospel
  • John the Baptist Testifies to Jesus
  • Two of John’s Disciples Follow Jesus

The data is there, I think this should be fairly straightforward to develop? The red circle on the screen shot indicates a suggested location for a button to switch between modes.  

Thanks, God bless you

Michael

• Im Wörterbuch speichern
    • Keine Wortliste für Englisch -> Deutsch...
    • Eine neue Wortliste erstellen...
  • Kopieren
Posts 2070
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 11 2021 6:35 AM

Hi Michael:

There are at least some versions that have that. See the NRSV, if it's in your library. See this post from a few years ago: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/146482.aspx, where it is also lamented that other versions don't have this. There wasn't a technical response to that thread.

Also, note that since the time of that thread, the section (also known as 'pericope') headings can be typed into the reference box of many bible versions, in addition to the book-chapter-verse citation. Just start typing a word from the heading you're looking for, or to just browse.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 35527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 24 2021 5:54 PM

I believe that Standardize Bible TOC to include pericopes | Faithlife would provide what you are requesting although it is worded quite differently. What it lacks is the ability to switch between the two formats -- they are intertwined. A request could be made for the toggle between the views.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS