REQUEST FOR DEVELOPERS @ LOGOS FOR Mac OS LOGOS 9 KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Edward Flook | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 14 2021 7:43 AM

Please add keyboard shortcuts for "switch keyboard focus to next panel" and "switch keyboard focus to previous panel."

I use multiple panels as a standard practice, and feel sure that most mature users do this also. I am constantly moving between panels. I have not found a simple method of switching panels, like the keyboard shortcut I used to use in the Windows version. This is a basic function for daily users and I wish it had been addressed in the roll-out of Logos 9 for Mac.

I am a fan of Logos 9 and use it nearly every day for personal education and edification (retired).

Ed Flook

Posts 1917
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2021 7:53 AM

Does CTRL-TAB and SHIFT-CTRL-TAB do what you desire? That switches between panes (Both Mac and Windows).

If you are talking about switching between floating windows, try CMD-` and SHIFT-CMD-` [NOTE: this is the key in the upper left of keyboard]

What was the keyboard shortcut you used in the Windows version?

Posts 459
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2021 10:41 AM

(Alt-Tab) Works for me but I use Windows...

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 6
Edward Flook | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2021 1:08 PM

Hi Levi: 

The COMMAND-TAB  and SHIFT-COMMAND-TAB commands take me between open applications in Mac OS 11.5.2.

However, YOU HIT IT on your second suggestion!  CMD-` AND SHIFT-CMD-` (which seem to do the same thing) take me between windows (not panes, as I mistakenly said at first).

This is what I want, and my problem is solved. Thank you so much. 

How do you guys know these things?

Ed Flook

Posts 6
Edward Flook | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2021 1:20 PM

Hello Again, Levi:

I never answered your question. As well as I can remember, I just used CONTROL-TAB in the Windows environment.

One more question: Do you know where there is a comprehensive list of keyboard shortcuts for Logos 9 for Mac OS?

Thanks -- Ed Flook

Posts 25136
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2021 1:42 PM

Edward Flook:
One more question: Do you know where there is a comprehensive list of keyboard shortcuts for Logos 9 for Mac OS?

There is a list on the wiki at https://wiki.logos.com/Keyboard_Shortcuts_For_Mac 

and also in the Logos helpfile

Posts 1917
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2021 2:37 PM

Edward Flook:
The COMMAND-TAB  and SHIFT-COMMAND-TAB commands take me between open applications in Mac OS 11.5.2.

Yep, but I said CTRL-TAB and SHIFT-CTRL-TAB which switch between tabs/panes in Logos.

Edward Flook:
This is what I want, and my problem is solved. Thank you so much. 

Glad to have helped!

Edward Flook:
How do you guys know these things?

By being involved in the forums! We all learn new things from each other.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS