Resources on Mobile but not in Desktop

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Judson s | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 26 2021 2:17 PM

I found a resources on my iOS Logos app but it is not on my desktop Logos 9. The resources in question is "The New Testament in the Original Greek: Byzantine Textform 2005. 

When I look up the resources in Logos 9  desktop it's $37. I can find this same module, but only with "morphology". 

The Mobile version doesn't say "With Morphology". 

Any idea why it's "Free" mobile, but not on desktop?

Posts 69
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2021 2:51 PM

Are you on a Verbum or Logos subscription? I have a Verbum subscription and that resource along with some others come with it. For some reason I can access it on mobile but not on the desktop application.

Posts 28
Judson s | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2021 2:52 PM

I'm not sure what Verbum is?

Posts 27903
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2021 2:59 PM

Judson s:
When I look up the resources in Logos 9  desktop it's $37. I can find this same module, but only with "morphology". 

The resource on logos.com "The New Testament in the Original Greek: Byzantine Textform 2005 with Morphology (BYZ)(Robinson-Pierpont)" is the same as what I have on desktop titled "The New Testament in the Original Greek: Byzantine Textform 2005". I own it. It appears to be free on Mobile, which is what Faithlife does with some resources you don't own.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 28
Judson s | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2021 3:03 PM

Yeah. I just bought it, just a bummer it's not free on both platforms. 

Posts 25880
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 26 2021 11:55 PM

Judson s:

I'm not sure what Verbum is?

It is a packaging of Logos software and resources designed for the Catholic and Orthodox markets - https://verbum.com/ 

Posts 2083
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 27 2021 3:59 AM

Judson s:
I just bought it,

Hi Judson:

Just as an aside, here's a Logos shopping habit you might want to adopt. When you find an item you might want to buy, always scroll down, usually past 'Product Details', and see if there is a section titled 'This title is included in the following collections'. You'll see Logos or Verbum paskages, and maybe some collection / collected works bundles. In this case, this item is in a couple of other packages for $80 US. (THe $0 Verbum in this case is a subscription that isn't ultimately free.) Even if you don't identify with the denomination of the package, it might be worth your time to check and see what the extra $43 will get you; you might be surprised. As your library gets larger, you might even find that your cost for the package is actually less than the item individually.

If you look at those other packages, the list of resources it includes will be near the bottom in 'Library Resources'. Make sure you check 'Hide owned books'. Then check out what the additional $43 gets you.

Note that since Logos won't charge you twice for the same resource, your cost for one of the $80 packages might be even less. (This is called 'Dynamic Pricing'.) Also, note that Logos purchases have a 30-day return period.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta [Dark Mode most of the time]) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS