Printing on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 23 2010 1:56 PM

How does the feature parity work? When a windows feature such as the printing makes prime time on the windows version, will it automatically work on the Mac version? Or will there always be separate betas between the windows and mac versions?

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 2:26 PM

The short answer is "it depends".

Some features are implemented almost entirely in the "core" of our system, which means that when they're implemented on one platform, the other automatically gets it. Others, like printing, have significant platform-specific components and must be individually implemented for both Mac and Windows.

In the future, it's our goal to implement such features in parallel (which is already happening for some features), and Logos 4.1 for Windows should be the last release in which you see a lag between feature sets.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 3:26 PM

I did see Print/Export in a previous alpha, but it appears to be gone from beta 2... will we see it come back soon? LOVE this feature in the PC 4.1 beta and would like to stop running VMWare for Logos ASAP.

Posts 1246
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 3:41 PM

No print/export menu option was ever intentionally added to a previous alpha—if it was there, it certainly would not have worked.

Printing will be implemented on Mac after the initial "full" release of Logos 4 for Mac.

David Mitchell
Development Lead
Faithlife

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 23 2010 3:48 PM

I didn't work very well Smile

It produced a document with seriously messed up margins, etc. and there was no (that I can recall) option for copy to clipboard. I was just hopeful (as I still am) that we'll see this sooner then later!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS