Please make filtering alphabetical instead of by number of resources

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33
Luuk Dondorp | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 24 2021 9:45 AM

I still can't understand why this filtering based on numbers of resources to narrow my search instead of alphabetical. This is absolutely not helpful. On the contrary, it is very frustrating.  To make it worse: it is like this in the complete environment of Logos | Faithlife website and apps. It might be handy for programming or whatever, but it is not fulfilling the goal of filtering: narrow the results in order to find the result you want. 

Please Logos | Faithlife: consider to change this filtering behavior in your complete environment. 

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-24 Om 18.26.55

Posts 941
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 24 2021 10:05 AM

I brought this up some time ago and completely agree.

Posts 211
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 24 2021 10:20 AM

I agree.

Posts 610
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 24 2021 11:12 AM

Oh, you guys.

Play like you're Average Logosian. Just get used to selecting the top entry each time, like Average Logosian does (or apparently the Average FL Designer does).

But I agree. It's especially painful for authors with similar names. Or the one-at-a-time selection process.

For newbies, Average Logosian uses the lastest PC (not a Mac), has a small library, and is thrilled to get FL emails multiple times per day too. Average Logosian is also patient for any improvements that might come his (or her) way.

Posts 33762
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 24 2021 1:19 PM

Luuk Dondorp:

I still can't understand why this filtering based on numbers of resources to narrow my search instead of alphabetical. This is absolutely not helpful. On the contrary, it is very frustrating.  To make it worse: it is like this in the complete environment of Logos | Faithlife website and apps. It might be handy for programming or whatever, but it is not fulfilling the goal of filtering: narrow the results in order to find the result you want. 

Please Logos | Faithlife: consider to change this filtering behavior in your complete environment. 

In general, I prefer the search box + sequence by count solution as that Is what I am used to for facet selection across applications. However, there are times when an alphabetic list would be preferable. I would love to see it as an addition not a change and for the search box to be added where missing.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 86
Manuel Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 25 2021 1:19 AM

Also if you order the authors alphabetically, then you have to decide whether it is by forename or surname. Therefore I open the browser search, click on "highlight all" and then I quickly see all appearances of that part of the name I am searching in the authors list.

Posts 33762
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 25 2021 2:04 AM

This request has been on the feedback site for some time. If it gathers more support it is more likely to moved to planned. Add alphabetical sort order for facets | Faithlife

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS