Mysteries of The Lord's Prayer - pre-pub

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 633
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 11 2021 7:22 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/217311/mysteries-of-the-lords-prayer-wisdom-from-the-early-church

i'd jump on this resource in a heartbeat, except that it's a reader's edition instead of a research edition. With appendices giving additional resources from early church fathers concerning The Lord's Prayer, this resource cries out for full linking to those resources. I won't be ordering this unless it is changed to become a full Logos Research Edition.

John

Posts 745
Christian Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2021 7:24 AM

I would like to see it as a research edition as well.

Posts 35772
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2021 11:24 AM

John Kaess:
I won't be ordering this unless it is changed to become a full Logos Research Edition.

What features are missing in the reader's edition that you'd get in a research edition?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 633
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2021 11:39 AM

MJ. Smith:

John Kaess:
I won't be ordering this unless it is changed to become a full Logos Research Edition.

What features are missing in the reader's edition that you'd get in a research edition?

Links in the appendices to the church fathers' writings on The Lord's Prayer. This would significantly improve the usefulness of this resource.

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 11 2021 11:20 PM

Agree this should be a Research edition.

John Kaess:

MJ. Smith:

John Kaess:

Links in the appendices to the church fathers' writings on The Lord's Prayer. This would significantly improve the usefulness of this resource.

Posts 5965
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2021 7:56 AM

John Kaess:

MJ. Smith:

John Kaess:

Links in the appendices to the church fathers' writings on The Lord's Prayer.

Since this resource hasn't been released yet, how do you know that those links won't be in it?

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & save others time. Thanks!

Posts 633
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2021 8:13 AM

SineNomine:

John Kaess:

MJ. Smith:

John Kaess:

Links in the appendices to the church fathers' writings on The Lord's Prayer.

Since this resource hasn't been released yet, how do you know that those links won't be in it?

Because that is what a "readers edition" means. When Logos releases a resource as a reader's edition, it does not have links to other resources. It's just the text of the book, which is perfectly fine for a book that is written primarily to be just read, but it means in this case, that the appendices with articles listed by the church fathers won't contain links, and in this case, that's s bad decision.

Look at the bottom of this page for an explanation:

https://www.logos.com/logos-editions

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS