THANKFUL for Logos & Faithlife

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 283
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 24 2021 8:02 AM

In 2008, a ministry friend of mine told me that I "must get Logos."   My only exposure to Bible software was a primitive, now defunct brand that I did use weekly preparing sermons - if only to print out sections of commentaries that I only had in digital form. After a brief demonstration looking at my friend's computer monitor, I took the plunge and bought Logos 3. 

To be honest, I was disappointed due to the learning curve and in the busyness of ministry and life with young kids, I just didn't take the time to learn how to get the most out of it.  For the first year, I was an infrequent Logos user who was frustrated in not getting more out of such an expensive resource. Everything changed in 2009 when Logos 4 came out.  As I recall, Logos 4 was a great step up in every way and made using the software much more user-friendly.  It was then that I became a daily user of Logos.

Since that time, I have eagerly upgraded each time a new Logos version has come out. I am amazed at how consistently Logos/Faithflife has continued to add value to their product.  Whether it has been the addition of cloud storage & sync or the very good integration with apps on my phone or tablet or the Lexham press offerings, I have consistently felt that my investment in Logos has paid dividends over time.  I have been fortunate enough to serve in churches that provided me with generous budgets for resources, enabling me to amass a formidable theological library that allows me to study any text or subject with a few simple clicks.  

Most of all, Logos has proven transformative in my life as a Christian and as a pastor. My personal devotion and walk with God involves using Logos for prayer and Bible reading. My weekly sermon prep is richer and more effective with Logos.  I am a better Christian, a better husband, a better father, and a better pastor because of Logos Bible Software.

For this reason, I say THANK YOU and I AM THANKFUL for Logos/Faithflife and all who have produced these life changing resources.

Posts 257
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 24 2021 8:11 AM

I say thank you also. When I became a youth pastor, my stepdad surprised me with Logos in 2014. I quickly moved to bronze from starter, and I won’t say how much I have spent in the last 7 years :)

I can’t imagine being a youth pastor or mdiv student with out. I know that people before us made it through, but I will forever be so thankful for the times Logos has helped me study. Thank you Bob Pritchett for seeing God's goodness in bits and bytes. 

Posts 719
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 24 2021 8:17 AM

I am so thankful, too. Not for the same reasons, at least, yet. I still use some other softwares for private bible study and prayer. I started using Logos mostly for the Britannica Great Books set, and gradually used it more and more for academic paper writing, but I still am not comfortable with Logos yet.

I never take Logos to bed with me. I never comfort myself with Logos. I wonder if and when that will change.

But in the meantime, I am so thankful for Logos and that God has allowed me the opportunity to invest in the software, resources, and devices needed to run a powerful software. I sleep on a blow-up-mattress and my "desk" is a folding party table and two TV trays, but I have what I need to complete my academic papers. I have no idea what the future brings, but I am trying to be ready for it. Logos seems to be part of my preparation.

Posts 9799
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 24 2021 12:36 PM

Greg Corbin:

Most of all, Logos has proven transformative in my life as a Christian and as a pastor. My personal devotion and walk with God involves using Logos for prayer and Bible reading. My weekly sermon prep is richer and more effective with Logos.  I am a better Christian, a better husband, a better father, and a better pastor because of Logos Bible Software.

For this reason, I say THANK YOU and I AM THANKFUL for Logos/Faithflife and all who have produced these life changing resources.

Thank you for posting your story.

I too am thankful for how impactful Logos has been in my life.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS