Completely deleting a book or audio from my collection

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 351
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 5 2022 2:23 PM

Hi,

I wish to know not how to hide a book, but how to completely delete a book from my collection, on a PC. What are the steps to find that book and then completely delete it?

Many thanks,

Gregorio

Posts 35775
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2022 2:31 PM

You cannot because you own the license. Hiding is the way to "get rid of a resource" which retains the license.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25883
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2022 2:32 PM

Gregorio Billikopf:
I wish to know not how to hide a book, but how to completely delete a book from my collection, on a PC. What are the steps to find that book and then completely delete it?

The only way I know of to completely remove a book from your library is to contact Customer services and ask them to remove it.

The other options are:

• hiding it - but you have discounted that option
  • removing it from your device - which does remove it from your PC, but you will still see it (as a downloadable resource) in your library

Posts 144
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2022 2:36 PM

You can transfer it to someone else

Posts 351
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 5 2022 2:38 PM

Thanks to all of you for your quick responses. I will contact customer service. Very best to all of you.

Posts 30531
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 6 2022 5:04 AM

Note, however: if it’s part of a collection or package, you’ll have to get rid of all of it. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1378
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 6 2022 6:02 AM

JT (alabama24):

Note, however: if it’s part of a collection or package, you’ll have to get rid of all of it. 

Note, too, that even if it's something you don't want to have in your library, keeping the license could potentially give you a discount in a future purchase of a package via dynamic pricing. That's one reason why hiding is usually the best option in most situations.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS