Biblical Greek Morphology

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 745
Christian Alexander | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 17 2022 7:22 AM

I am doing a study on Biblical Greek Morphology and I have read Mounce's textbook but want something deeper. 

Posts 2760
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 17 2022 7:58 AM

https://www.logos.com/search?query=Greek%20Grammar%20beyond%20the%20Basics&sortBy=Relevance&limit=30&page=1&ownership=all&geographicAvailability=availableToMe

Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics is pretty common

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 745
Christian Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2022 7:22 AM

I have read Wallace's work but want something deeper. 

Posts 36360
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2022 11:41 AM

Christian Alexander:

I have read Wallace's work but want something deeper. 

What do you mean b deeper? Morphology is a descriptive study when applied to a specific language.  Are you looking for historical development? For the coverage of exceptions? For a different descriptive theory?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 745
Christian Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 19 2022 10:25 AM

MJ. Smith:

What do you mean b deeper? Morphology is a descriptive study when applied to a specific language.  Are you looking for historical development? For the coverage of exceptions? For a different descriptive theory?

I am looking for a historical, cultural and societal developments and theories of Biblical Greek.

Posts 36360
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 19 2022 2:40 PM

Dictionary of Indo-European Concepts and Society by Émile Benveniste (Author), Elizabeth Palmer (Translator)[not in Logos] together with Beekes, Robert. Etymological Dictionary of Greek, edited by Alexander Lubotsky. Vol. 1 & 2. Leiden Indo-European Etymological Dictionary Series. Leiden; Boston: Brill, 2010. [in Logos] will give you a good solid start.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 36360
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 19 2022 5:00 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

I agree even if I do keep forgetting the resource.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS