Please Vote: Pay Off Payment Plans on Website

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2393
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 18 2022 4:44 AM

We need the ability to pay off payment plans through the website.  As it is now, if one wants to pay off a payment plan early, then he or she has to call in or email customer service.  I paid off two plans this week via an email to customer service, and it took about three days to get processed.  Three days is certainly not bad, and this is not meant as a complaint about customer service, but it does lead me to believe that customer service is backed up and probably have a lot of other things they have to work on.

Allowing for payment plans to be paid in full on the website would make it more convenient for customers and free up customer service for other things.

I have added a request for voting here.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1452
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 8:19 AM

While it doesn’t affect me, it seems reasonable. I voted for it. 

WIN 11 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Ultimate

Posts 6062
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 8:24 AM

Sensible suggestion. Yes

"God commands you to pray, but He forbids you to worry." - The Curé d'Ars.

Posts 113
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 9:29 AM

Very sensible suggestion, especially for those of us in radically different timelines. I’ve voted.

Posts 3536
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 9:54 AM

Joseph Turner:
it took about three days to get processed. 
Is that the amount of time that it took to clear your bank or the amount of time that it took for CS to get to it, meaning that there was additional time required for your bank to process your transaction? Whatever your answer, I like your idea if it can be implemented with accountability and assurance as occurs with purchases.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 2393
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 9:56 AM

Beloved Amodeo:

Joseph Turner:
it took about three days to get processed. 
Is that the amount of time that it took to clear your bank or the amount of time that it took for CS to get to it, meaning that there was additional time required for your bank to process your transaction? Whatever your answer, I like your idea if it can be implemented with accountability and assurance as occurs with purchases.

It was the amount of time before they got to it.  I received the confirmation emails letting me know.  Again though, this is not a complaint against customer service.  The three days didn't bother me; however, it would have been nice to do it myself on the website instantly.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 3536
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 9:59 AM

Joseph Turner:
It was the amount of time before they got to it.  I received the confirmation emails letting me know.  Again though, this is not a complaint against customer service.  The three days didn't bother me; however, it would have been nice to do it myself on the website instantly.
Thanks for the clarification. I agree and have voted in support.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 1027
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 4:04 PM

Personally, I'd be in favor of removing payment plans. They only encourage people to buy things they can't afford.

Posts 36073
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 4:08 PM

David Carter:
They only encourage people to buy things they can't afford.

Or to buy things now that they can afford rather than wait n-months to save up for the purchase. That n-months of additional use is often essential for graduate students and researchers. Those who overspend their resources will always find a way to do so.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 258
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 18 2022 8:06 PM

As a husband and father of four young children, working at a church that pays me in 2022 the same thing it paid the last youth pastor in 2005, im thankful for the logos payment plans. Also thankful for student loans so that I can work on my Mdiv and hopefully one day be able to take care of a family of six with feeling like a failure when I hear men I teach in Sunday school tell me how much they make or teens graduating from the youth group and make more than I do as their youth pastor and they’re half my age. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS