Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 8 2022 4:12 PM

Do notes in clippings not go to the notes tool?

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2022 4:17 PM

They do not go to the tool.

But FL have hinted that Clippings would be integrated with the Notes tool.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2022 4:19 PM

Dave Hooton:

No. But FL have hinted that Clippings would be integrated with the Notes tool.

Which I would be ok with assuming the keep the bibliographic features of the clipping's tool so I can take it into citation software easily.

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2022 4:38 PM

I do not like the Notes tool interface as there could be several clicks to get to a "Clippings" interface (full panel).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2022 4:43 PM

Dave Hooton:

I do not like the Notes tool interface as there could be several clicks to get to a "Clippings" interface (full panel).

Right, I would be ok with it, but I would DEFINITELY prefer to keep the tools separate.

Posts 36343
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2022 6:31 PM

David Taylor Jr:
Right, I would be ok with it, but I would DEFINITELY prefer to keep the tools separate.

Unfortunately, I feel just as strongly that I want notes and clippings in a single tool -- just as I used the same size index cards in the cards and pen days.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3541
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2022 7:12 PM

MJ. Smith:

David Taylor Jr:

Unfortunately, I feel just as strongly that I want notes and clippings in a single tool -- just as I used the same size index cards in the cards and pen days.

Which, like I said, I am good with that too, as long as it keeps ALL of the functionality of the Clippings tool.

Posts 6120
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 10 2022 12:38 PM

David Taylor Jr:
as long as it keeps ALL of the functionality of the Clippings tool.

Agreed.

“The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.” St. Peter of Alcántara

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS