Jesus’ Final Week Lacking Proper Tagging

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5039
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 15 2022 1:38 PM

The above book was released in the last month (or 2) and I noticed that it is missing some tagging. Resources that already exist in Logos aren’t linked like Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary. Does the fact that it is a reader edition make that so?

https://www.logos.com/product/210748/jesuss-final-week-from-triumphal-entry-to-empty-tomb 

Posts 5039
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2022 1:39 PM

Posts 1837
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2022 2:16 PM

Mattillo:

The above book was released in the last month (or 2) and I noticed that it is missing some tagging. Resources that already exist in Logos aren’t linked like Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary. Does the fact that it is a reader edition make that so?

https://www.logos.com/product/210748/jesuss-final-week-from-triumphal-entry-to-empty-tomb 

I think you've identified the issue with it being a Reader Edition. Logos state:

Logos Reader Editions are designed to be read cover to cover. We tag Scripture references and some other basics, but forgo the robust treatment given to reference works. This drastically speeds up production, enabling us to release them the same day as print!

Posts 5039
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2022 2:30 PM

That is what I figured. Can’t say I’m fond of these reader editions but oh well

Posts 1837
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2022 11:53 PM

Mattillo:

That is what I figured. Can’t say I’m fond of these reader editions but oh well

The downside for me is that Reader Edition volumes are basically Faithlife eBooks but without the benefit of publisher sale price matching. ☹️

Posts 5039
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2022 4:55 AM

True. Oddly enough I found a future ref with a tag

Posts 1769
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2022 9:16 AM

Looks like this ended up being produced as a Research edition but we failed to update the Product Page.

As far as the missing link goes in your first screenshot, that looks like a different edition than we carry. I think you believe it should be pointing to Matthew, Mark, Luke: Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, Volume 1 (LLS:ZIBBCNT01) but the citation is referencing a different edition. It's a 2015 edition and ours is from 2002. Pagination is different too.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Posts 5039
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 19 2022 9:45 AM

Thank you Kyle and my apologies. I didn't realize there was a newer ZIBBC for the first 3 gospels. That would explain it.  I'll make a mental note to check that first in the future.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS