Problems with the NET Bible (2nd Edition

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 246
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 20 2022 10:48 AM

Reading Zechariah, and it has plentiful typos. Very odd. I've had another problem cited earlier in another place with duplicate text. This particular volume needs a serious look. 

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2022 12:09 AM

Reid A Ferguson:
Reading Zechariah, and it has plentiful typos. Very odd. I've had another problem cited earlier in another place with duplicate text. This particular volume needs a serious look.

Reid, I hope you have been using the Typo tool to report them, otherwise some more detail here would be appreciated.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 246
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2022 5:52 AM

Hey Dave, yes, I've been using the typo tool, but for these errors it isn't really the best. Let me give some examples.

Ex. 1: 1:1 In the eighth month of Darius’ second year, message came to the prophet Zechariah, son of Berechiah son of Iddo:

It dropped a word. Either it should read year, A message, or messageS. No way to tell. 

Ex. 2: 1:7 On the twenty-fourth day of the eleventh month, the month Shebat, in Darius’ second year, the Lord message came

Dropped the possessive on "Lord" (Lord's)

Like I said, not normal typos. 

Posts 30851
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2022 6:43 AM

Here is a visual of Zec 1:1 comparing what we have in Logos with what is on Bible.org. 

Logos Ed: In the eighth month of Darius’ second year, message came to the prophet Zechariah, son of Berechiah son of Iddo:
Bible.org: In the eighth month of Darius’ second year, the Lord’s message came to the prophet Zechariah, son of Berechiah son of Iddo:

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2022 8:01 AM

Thanks. We're already on this. We'll be releasing an RVI for the Old Testament soon and these will be fixed as part of it.

Posts 246
Reid A Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2022 8:04 AM

Thanks! 

Posts 5197
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 21 2022 8:09 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Thanks. We're already on this. We'll be releasing an RVI for the Old Testament soon and these will be fixed as part of it.

Thanks Kyle!!!

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 22 2022 9:48 PM

Reid A Ferguson:

Hey Dave, yes, I've been using the typo tool, but for these errors it isn't really the best. Let me give some examples.

Ex. 1: 1:1 In the eighth month of Darius’ second year, message came to the prophet Zechariah, son of Berechiah son of Iddo:

It dropped a word. Either it should read year, A message, or messageS. No way to tell. 

Ex. 2: 1:7 On the twenty-fourth day of the eleventh month, the month Shebat, in Darius’ second year, the Lord message came

Dropped the possessive on "Lord" (Lord's)

Like I said, not normal typos.

Not normal and your report provided a positive response!

Using Typo in other situations you can highlight the word(s) you underlined, provide what you think should be the text and make a comment. If numerous similar ones occur, I would also comment to that effect.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 5197
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2022 7:19 PM

I got excited when I saw an update tonight but it was only NT :) 

Posts 737
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2022 8:05 PM

I got excited, too. What a disappointment!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS