Make it easier for us to backup our PB's

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 620
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 16 2022 7:12 AM

I have a lot of PB's..  And I worry sometimes I will lose them or something..  When I recently got a new laptop I had to manually backup all my PB's and then load them to my new laptop and Logos..  

It would be nice if at the top of the Logos PB page there was a button for "Upload All". So that we could back them all to the Logos cloud with one click. 

Posts 1264
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2022 6:05 PM

I also am gathering a lot of PBs.... and I also recently had to purchase a new computer....

Since I didn't upload all my PBs.... I had to re-compile them on my new PC..  Which causes me to wonder....  If I could back them up... on my pc.... then maybe I wouldn't have had to re-compile them??? 

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Posts 2582
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2022 6:38 PM

Back up all your compiled *.lbspbb files from

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Logos\Data[xxxxxxx]\ResourceManager\Resources

Copy or scan them to the new installation.  No need to recompile.

https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015624592-Scanning-Resources-Into-Logos-Bible-Software   

Posts 1930
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 16 2022 6:47 PM

GaoLu:

Back up all your compiled *.lbspbb files from

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Logos\Data[xxxxxxx]\ResourceManager\Resources

Copy or scan them to the new installation.  No need to recompile.

I do this. But this type of action is not the way most people deal with computers today. Logos should come up with a solution that is easier for more users.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 2969
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2022 5:18 AM

Rodney Phillips:

I have a lot of PB's..  And I worry sometimes I will lose them or something..  When I recently got a new laptop I had to manually backup all my PB's and then load them to my new laptop and Logos..  

BUT did you keep all of the source DOCX files?  Someone gave the method to use to transfer all of the compiled PBB files using scan.

And then someone said that you do not need to recompile all of your PBBs.  I suggest that you do need to recompile at least some on the new machine.

WHY? you ask.  Because if you do not personally backup all of the source files they will be lost on the data disk of the old machine and not recoverable after you scrap it.  Recompiling at least some of them to show that you have keep and properly transferred the source files to the new machine may save your sanity years from now when you find you need to update a PBB from years ago.

[[Yes, the scan method should be used but LOGOS is NEVER going to backup our source files.  Also we might want to add the resource folders from LOGOS as part of our local backup strategy]] 

Posts 2969
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2022 5:26 AM

Ken McGuire:

I do this. But this type of action is not the way most people deal with computers today. Logos should come up with a solution that is easier for more users.

Try reviewing  https://community.logos.com/forums/p/126859/848584.aspx#848584  

and some other posts where LOGOS has talked about PBB.  They "hate" the fact that they added PBB to LOGOS ("hate" maybe a bit too strong)

BUT for those of us that will never see LOGOS resources that are needed for our "brand" of study PBB makes LOGOS useable.

[Am up to 350 PBB. None of which FL will ever publish]

Posts 1264
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 17 2022 8:56 PM

David Ames:

Ken McGuire:

Try reviewing  https://community.logos.com/forums/p/126859/848584.aspx#848584  

and some other posts where LOGOS has talked about PBB.  They "hate" the fact that they added PBB to LOGOS ("hate" maybe a bit too strong)

BUT for those of us that will never see LOGOS resources that are needed for our "brand" of study PBB makes LOGOS useable.

[Am up to 350 PBB. None of which FL will ever publish]

Amen and Amen!

xn = Christan  man=man -- Acts 11:26 "....and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch".

Barney Fife is my hero!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS