Request for resource - fishbone or mind map diagram of Biblical methods/criticisms

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 36084
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 19 2022 5:01 PM

I am engaged in a project using resources such as:

• Tate, W. Randolph. Handbook for Biblical Interpretation: An Essential Guide to Methods, Terms, and Concepts. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2012.
  • Williamson, Peter. Catholic Principles for Interpreting Scripture: A Study of the Pontifical Biblical Commission’s The Interpretation of the Bible in the Church. Vol. 22. Subsidia Biblica. Roma: Pontificio Istituto Biblico, 2001.

I am looking for a diagram similar to that used by the Lexham Survey of Theology for the Biblical interpretation methods/criticisms. Have you seen something of this nature?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3536
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2022 9:57 AM

I'm sorry I can't help you with your quest for a media representation for this topic. But, what I can do is assert my recommendation of a better resource authored by one of the authors of the texts you have given.

https://www.logos.com/product/37658/biblical-interpretation-an-integrated-approach-3rd-ed 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 36084
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 20 2022 1:54 PM

Thank you.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS