Memorial Day sale

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6063
Posts 1444
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2022 9:20 PM

Beloved Amodeo:

Thank you, Paul! it's massive. I'm positioned to take maximum advantage of this. Denise, yours is one opinion I seek. I hope DAL mentions a few of his most sought after resources. As for me, I'm cherry picking Baker and Zondervan titles also looking to load up on Origen commentaries. They were in my MM Wishlist. Kiyah, I'm also interested in your mentionables. The sale ends 12MN PT June 1.

Well, Beloved, I was excited, until I looked at my total. Then, I had to cull those that just discuss; concentrate on areas I need more info. So, below is what I found (I held off on Lampe earlier, waiting for a sale). Not much I'd call exciting.

Plus, I'm sorely tempted to get Strack and Billerbeck (english). I already have the german, and $160 for english was unattractive. But $120 seems workable. I'll have to think some more.

Posts 732
Kathleen Marie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 28 2022 9:32 PM

Some audio Bibles are on sale, including the NET

https://www.logos.com/product/219270/audio-bible-new-english-translation-net-complete-bible-audio-bible 

We had talked about books about war in another thread.

Slavery, Sabbath, War, and Women: Case Issues in Biblical Interpretation

https://www.logos.com/product/23898/slavery-sabbath-war-and-women-case-issues-in-biblical-interpretation 

Posts 3536
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2022 7:43 AM

DMB:
Well, Beloved, I was excited, until I looked at my total. Then, I had to cull those that just discuss; concentrate on areas I need more info. So, below is what I found (I held off on Lampe earlier, waiting for a sale).
You must not do payment plans. I put it on credit card with money back for purchases and stay within the monthly limit I have predetermined. I'm into the store for 10 mos.This works well for me. For sales such as this, I'm all in. I spent a bit over $800 and milked my Wish list for all its worth. I decided against Origen. I bought 55 resources; many Baker and Zondervan titles. I'm content. I wish Kiyah would show her hand.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.6 1TB SSD 

Posts 9081
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2022 8:39 AM

Beloved Amodeo:

DMB:
Well, Beloved, I was excited, until I looked at my total. Then, I had to cull those that just discuss; concentrate on areas I need more info. So, below is what I found (I held off on Lampe earlier, waiting for a sale).
You must not do payment plans. I put it on credit card with money back for purchases and stay within the monthly limit I have predetermined. I'm into the store for 10 mos.This works well for me. For sales such as this, I'm all in. I spent a bit over $800 and milked my Wish list for all its worth. I decided against Origen. I bought 55 resources; many Baker and Zondervan titles. I'm content. I wish Kiyah would show her hand.

I’m proud of myself! I only bought 1 resource: https://www.logos.com/product/144087/the-biblical-greek-companion-for-bible-software-users 

DAL

Posts 3536
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2022 8:44 AM

DAL:
I envy your restraint, but you must not have a Wishlist. I also bought the resource you reference on the recommendation of KS4J.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 9081
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2022 9:14 AM

Beloved Amodeo:

DAL:
I envy your restraint, but you must not have a Wishlist. I also bought the resource you reference on the recommendation of KS4J.

These are my only items in my wishlist: I already own the Zondervan Illustrated Encyclopedia (5 volumes) so I really don’t need the dictionary.  Perspectives on Paul can wait and Theistic Evolution can wait too 😁

AllPrice
Zondervan Illustrated Bible Dictionary

$31.99

$23.99
Perspectives on Paul: Five Views

$29.99

$22.49
A Biblical Case against Theistic Evolution

$22.99

$18.99

Posts 1885
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2022 9:24 AM

DAL:

Beloved Amodeo:

DAL:

These are my only items in my wishlist: I already own the Zondervan Illustrated Encyclopedia (5 volumes) so I really don’t need the dictionary.  Perspectives on Paul can wait and Theistic Evolution can wait too 😁

AllPrice
Zondervan Illustrated Bible Dictionary

$31.99

$23.99
Perspectives on Paul: Five Views

$29.99

$22.49
A Biblical Case against Theistic Evolution

$22.99

$18.99

If you bought this book when it was on sale a few years ago

https://www.logos.com/product/148114/theistic-evolution-a-scientific-philosophical-and-theological-critique

The book you mention is just a condensed version of the above.

https://www.logos.com/product/209817/a-biblical-case-against-theistic-evolution

Posts 3536
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2022 9:38 AM

DAL:
Your restraint stimulated my avarice gland. So, I bought another spate of resources.

Posts 1444
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2022 9:45 AM

Beloved Amodeo:

Well, I'm glad you're getting full-value ... sales are the best way to build a library.  I recently loaded up on latin (Patrologia) and finished up UBS Handbooks.  Then, we got a solar-battery backup system ... planning for issues this summer in our fair desert land.

Posts 3536
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2022 10:31 AM

DMB:
Well, I'm glad you're getting full-value ... sales are the best way to build a library.  I recently loaded up on latin (Patrologia) and finished up UBS Handbooks.  Then, we got a solar-battery backup system ... planning for issues this summer in our fair desert land.
My library is ridiculously large, but I'm an unrepentant bibliophile chewing through books like a professorial rodent. I've tried to kick the habit, but it keeps pulling me back in. Do you enjoy your desert paradise?

Posts 5130
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2022 10:48 AM

Beloved Amodeo:

DAL:
Your restraint stimulated my avarice gland. So, I bought another spate of resources.

I have to stop looking at these threads... I forgot about the NIBC. 

Posts 5130
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 31 2022 10:50 AM

DAL:

Beloved Amodeo:

DMB:

I’m proud of myself! I only bought 1 resource: https://www.logos.com/product/144087/the-biblical-greek-companion-for-bible-software-users 

DAL

Don't forget about the Hebrew one! https://www.logos.com/product/144088/the-biblical-hebrew-companion-for-bible-software-users 

Posts 9081
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 1 2022 7:58 AM

Alright, Matillo, you have convinced me! I bought the Hebrew companion for Bible Software also.  Might as well — I’ve never seen it cheaper that that.

DAL

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS