Get DBL Hebrew from a GK Number in Enhanced Strong's Lexicon

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 31 2010 12:09 PM

I would like to get DBL Hebrew as I click on a GK hyperlink in Enhanced Strong's Lexicon. However, at the present time, I get NIDOTTE - which is prioriized lower than DBL Hebrew. Any suggestions concerning this?

Posts 19263
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 12:51 PM

You should be able to accomplish this using Advanced Prioritization, but I have to admit this is one area that I haven't completely mastered in Logos.

If you right-click on the title in the prioritization list and select "Set prioritization limits (advanced)" you'll see these additional options show up:

Right now, even after tweaking this as above, with DBL Hebrew as my top prioritized resource, when I click on a GK hyperlink in ESL it just goes to another part of ESL. And I haven't a clue as to why. I think there must be some interactions with items lower down on the prioritization list.

If I right click on a GK hyperlink in ESL, then I can select the "Reference GK #" tab and have the option to choose DBL directly on the left side.

Sorry I can't help you make the hyperlink work directly. That's still one of the mysteries of Logos to me.

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 12:57 PM

Thanks, Roie. That's helpful.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 1:25 PM

BillFiess:
I would like to get DBL Hebrew as I click on a GK hyperlink in Enhanced Strong's Lexicon.

This is odd, it works for me when prioritizing DBL Hebrew & Greek above ESL (i am running ver 4.0d SR1). But then again i don't have the NIDOTTE.

1. As you can see that i have the Hebrew & Greek DBL prioritize above the ESL.
  2. When i right click on a word and in the pop-up and use the Strong's Number on the left of the pop-up it allows me to select the ESL and it opens the ESL.
  3. Now in the ESL when i click on the GK 1343 it opens the DBL to the GK number (i moved the DBL tab after it opened to this layout location).
  4. i think that its odd that it doesn't do this for you???

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 1:34 PM

Thanks, Steve. I was able to get it to work using Advanced Prioritization Limits.

Posts 19263
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 1:36 PM

Rosie Perera:
Right now, even after tweaking this as above, with DBL Hebrew as my top prioritized resource, when I click on a GK hyperlink in ESL it just goes to another part of ESL. And I haven't a clue as to why.

Duh, I figured out why. I was clicking on a Greek GK #, and I'd only prioritized DBL Hebrew, not DBL Greek. It works fine now that I try it on a Hebrew GK#. Embarrassed

Posts 89
Shawn Nichols | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2016 11:08 AM

I want to prioritize HALOT (The Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament) when I click on a Hebrew word, but in the advanced prioritization it only lists Aramaic. It has to be indexed by Hebrew word because it finds the Hebrew word when setup with a Link Set connected to Brown Driver Briggs.

Posts 24911
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2016 11:43 AM

Hi Shawn

This is a very old thread and a lot has changed since it was written

I suggest you start a new thread in the Logos 6 forum - https://community.logos.com/forums/124.aspx - and outline what you are trying to do.

Do you - for example - need to use Advanced Prioritisation for your use case or will "simple" Prioritisation work?

Graham

Posts 89
Shawn Nichols | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2016 1:00 PM

Will do Graham. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS