Suggestion: Need the option to automatically build a Reading Plan from the "Article" level of a resource.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 963
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 10 2022 3:29 PM

Building a Reading Plan from the chapter level is often too big a reading session. The "Locator Bar" in most resources has an option to jump forward and backwards by "Article", which is an increment smaller than a chapter and larger than a paragraph. Since Logos already identifies "articles" in resources, please provide an option to automatically build a Reading Plan from the article level of a resource. If the resource does not have article level divisions, then it can default to chapters.

If you like this idea, vote for it here: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/need-the-option-to-automatically-build-a-reading-plan-from-the-article-level-of-a-resource 

Posts 6125
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2022 6:09 PM

Very sensible idea.

“The trouble is that everyone talks about reforming others and no one thinks about reforming himself.” St. Peter of Alcántara

Posts 119
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2022 1:56 AM

I like this idea - I’ve just read a couple of books where each chapter took about an hour and a half to read, and a function like this would have been very helpful. I’ve voted for it.

Posts 348
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2022 3:23 AM

GregW:

I like this idea - I’ve just read a couple of books where each chapter took about an hour and a half to read, and a function like this would have been very helpful. I’ve voted for it.

I have never used Reading Plan.  I just read.  So, here I ask what positive uses a reading plan has.  I am not trying to be impertinent. 

I read by my watch.  If interrupted, I do the new thing.

Posts 119
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2022 9:41 AM

scooter:

GregW:

I have never used Reading Plan.  I just read.  So, here I ask what positive uses a reading plan has.  I am not trying to be impertinent. 

I read by my watch.  If interrupted, I do the new thing.

Some things I read for pleasure or interest, and some I read because I have to. For those, a Reading Plan helps me hold myself accountable for my reading progress. For “big reads” a Reading Plan helps to break down the overall project into manageable chunks. 

Posts 348
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2022 12:46 PM

GregW:
Some things I read for pleasure or interest, and some I read because I have to. For those, a Reading Plan helps me hold myself accountable for my reading progress. For “big reads” a Reading Plan helps to break down the overall project into manageable chunks. 

Thank you for your reply, Greg.  Have to's + bigs deserve a Reading Plan.  

I have no have to's, and, for the bigs, I amble on, I persevere.  Mojo in slo mo.

Thank you for your input.

Posts 397
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 24 2022 3:30 PM

Tim Hensler:

Building a Reading Plan from the chapter level is often too big a reading session. The "Locator Bar" in most resources has an option to jump forward and backwards by "Article", which is an increment smaller than a chapter and larger than a paragraph. Since Logos already identifies "articles" in resources, please provide an option to automatically build a Reading Plan from the article level of a resource. If the resource does not have article level divisions, then it can default to chapters.

If you like this idea, vote for it here: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/need-the-option-to-automatically-build-a-reading-plan-from-the-article-level-of-a-resource 

I voted. I also want Faithlife to figure out how to apply the monograph reading plan to books that used to be monographs and they changed the type too. That should be easy for them. Article might be a bit challenging but I am sure they are up to the challenge.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS