People who are proficient in Greek and Who are translators of Greek

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 175
Susan W. Murphy | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 28 2022 8:21 AM

I enjoy learning the Greek language.  I am not fluent in this language at all but I enjoy learning this language and have a long way to go.  I live close to Destin, FL and wonder if there are any people here that are translators of the Greek language.  I just think it would be great to know someone that enjoys translating and likes to talk about Greek.

Probably, it would be best if it was a lady.  I know this is an unusual request.  I'm fascinated with the language and would like to have a Greek friend to spend time with and learn some features in Greek, etc.

Thanks,

Susan Murphy

Posts 66
Bmickey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 28 2022 11:50 AM

Try the New Testament Greek for Beginners Support Group on Facebook if no one can be of help here. Good luck to you!

Posts 1644
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2022 10:10 AM

Susan ... I hope you don't think your request is being ignored!

I'm sort of bumping this .... I suspect there's quite of few women who would enjoy chatting on their favorite subject.  Even in our town, there's several on the hebrew side of the house.  No greekies.

But to illustrate, when I 'translate' ... it's with a jaundiced eye (but not an evil-eye!).  So, opinion is front and center, and not necessarily my own.  I'm a big fan of Dr Anne Nyland ... you wouldn't be (no offense).   But her notes on greek translation are really quite good.  She's not approaching it from a Biblical perspective, rather greek at the time (ergo, you probably wouldn't like).

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS