Rating my favorites

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:15 AM

In Logos 4, I would like to suggest a star rating for favorites in the same way that we are able to rate resources. This would allow the user to indicate which of the favorites stand out even more than others.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:21 AM

Francis:

In Logos 4, I would like to suggest a star rating for favorites in the same way that we are able to rate resources. This would allow the user to indicate which of the favorites stand out even more than others.

I don't understand the desire to rate resources or anything else.  What is the purpose?  Don't you know what your opinion is of these things, or do you forget about them as soon as you close the window? 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:25 AM

George Somsel:
I don't understand the desire to rate resources or anything else.  What is the purpose? 

It helps to find things quicker when you have a large number of things (visually or you can filter based on the rating), plus you can use it to build collections.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:36 AM

George Somsel:
I don't understand the desire to rate resources or anything else.  What is the purpose?  Don't you know what your opinion is of these things, or do you forget about them as soon as you close the window? 

Because you can run searches on only those resources you consider worthy of so many stars or better etc...

IOW it's not to let you know what you think of a resource, it's to let Logos work with what you think of a resource.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 1:23 PM

George, I simply cannot remember all that I read and what I thought of it. This is why I (and I assume you) take notes. Rating is like taking notes: it's telling me 2 years down the road that I thought a particular resource or article was more or less useful.

Posts 1846
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 5 2010 3:34 PM

I used the rating system for the first time just the other day. I was prioritizing my dictionaries. Before I prioritized them, I went through and looked at each one and then assigned it a rating. Once I was done rating them, I went back and prioritized them in line with their rating.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS