Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 20
Little Ike | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 7 2010 7:20 PM

I would like to bring an error to someone's attention on the Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos DVD.  In chapter two of the Greek disk, when going through the alphabet, the instructor misses the letter for delta.

Posts 19254
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 7:29 PM

AureliusRaines:

I would like to bring an error to someone's attention on the Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos DVD.  In chapter two of the Greek disk, when going through the alphabet, the instructor misses the letter for delta.

This has been fixed, and in fact there were a couple of typos in the Hebrew alphabet lesson too. The new files can be downloaded from the Logos website. Go to logos.com, log in if you're not already logged in, go to your "My Account" page, click on "Order History," find the order in which you purchased the "Learn to Use..." DVD, click on the order number, and you'll find there a place to download the updated lessons. They come as zip files which you'll need to unzip, then copy the unzipped .MOV files into the same folder on your hard disk where you've copied all the lessons from the DVD (assuming you did copy them onto your hard disk; you'll find they run much faster if you do).

Posts 20
Little Ike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 7 2010 9:50 PM

Thanks for a quick response.  After I made the post, I decided to explore the forum and found that someone had noted the problem already.  I also found the download that fixed the problem.  I am a bit late, but sometimes late is better than never. Embarrassed

Posts 401
Sam West | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 3:22 AM

Rosie Perera:
They come as zip files which you'll need to unzip, then copy the unzipped .MOV files into the same folder on your hard disk where you've copied all the lessons from the DVD (assuming you did copy them onto your hard disk; you'll find they run much faster if you do).

Rosie would you mind explaining the un-zip thing to me? How to un-unzip?

Thanks Sam West

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 6:18 AM

Sam West:
would you mind explaining the un-zip thing to me?

A zip file is a compressed file.  It's akin to taking several files or even just one and wrapping it up in a tight package.  There was a day when "unzipping" a file required special software, but these days it is built into the Operating system.  So to unzip a file such as this one, just right click and choose extract here.  Or double click the file and it will open in an explorer window (windows) for you to either drag and drop, or click the extract item in the menu.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 6:36 AM

For me and probably others, unzipping files, copy to C drive, pdf files etc, etc  is like a blind man in a room with a cane, fumbling around until he find what he needs, and hoping he does break a lamp or fall over a coffee table.  I managed to copy the Hebrew & Greek videos to my hard drive and insert the revised alphabet videos into the proper place when they became available, but that occurred with some stress.  I probably came in through the back door on some things, but windows 7 is forgiving.  For example, in order to put the alphabet video into the appropriate place, I opened another chapter to get to the file, and then dragged the new file in.  There probably was a  better way to do that.  Wish I was more computer literate, but I was out of college before PC's were around.  

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 2
Ronald Lawler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 11:13 AM

They also missed upsilon and misspelled the psi sing an upsilon for psi.

Posts 2
Ronald Lawler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 11:14 AM

Heavy fingers I misspelled using.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 10:32 PM

Ronald........

Did you see the "fixed" video that was mentioned in this thread by Rosie? 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS