Library Resource Information Window descriptive text

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 9 2010 8:18 AM

When I type text into the Library "search box" without a field name (I.E. title: or subject:), resources are selected which match the search box text, including resources which have matching text in the resource descrption only - made visible by clicking in the information icon located after the view icon on the Library toolbar.

Is there a way for me to refer to this resource description text, a field name, which will allow me to include/exclude match selections based solely on this resource description text?

This capability could also be used in defining rule based collections.

If a field name and screening on this resource descriptive text (include/exclude) capability does not exist, could it be added to Logos 4?

L4 is alreading looking at this text and including matches it finds.

Thanks for your consideration.

Living in the Fruit of the Spirit! Big Smile

For the glory of God alone! Yes

Posts 27981
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 9 2010 4:54 PM

Dennis Audet:
Is there a way for me to refer to this resource description text, a field name, which will allow me to include/exclude match selections based solely on this resource description text?

Not that I'm aware of - see http://wiki.logos.com/Collections

A field name could be useful. I note that the Subjects field (subject:) could carry much of that information and it has been requested that its content be made consistent. For example, some homiletic resources can be found by using subject:homiletic where the various entries include homiletic, homiletics, homiletical but the majority in my library come from typing homiletic; thereby looking in the resource information.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS